You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez

Yeah but, Sir Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, I could go on.Point is, if you win, no one gives a shit.

I would say that the above are the arch media manipulators.

I agree that winning is all, but no-one does all the time. Rodgers has bought himslf as much time by his performance off the pitch as he has on it.

I would say that the above are the arch media manipulators.

I agree that winning is all, but no-one does all the time. Rodgers has bought himslf as much time by his performance off the pitch as he has on it.

So you give him 2 months or so?

Rafa will be a manager for years and years to come, him saying he thinks he will come back one day is not saying he wants the job right now and Rodgers out.Nothing wrong with what he said IMO.

We all support Liverpool so why are people getting upset that someone who managed us has an affinity with the club and wants to come back one day?I want our managers to fall in love with the club and not want to go anywhere else.

I'd bet all I've got hell be back at some stage in his career for the simple fact he is one of the best managers in the world and actually wants to manage us.

Kenny came which I would have thought was much more unlikely. It will happen even the rafa haters know it, that's why there are being negative to try and influence some way so he doesn't.

Rafa dislikers, I think you'll find. Hate is a silly word to use in this context, unless you're 14. Particularly when this has all been thrown into sharp relief by Thatcher's welcome demise.

Rafa's version of the holy trinity - Rafa, the owner, and Rafa's agent - won't be seen here under FSGs reign. I'm hoping Rodgers can come good. He's got a long way to go, and I'm frequently embarrassed and annoyed by the stuff he peddles in the media, and by his tactical blindspots, but he's a young man, and he needs a chance to learn.

What an arrogant fucking turd. My wife and kids still live in Liverpool so obviously I'll be their manager again soon enough. My wife and kids live in Liverpool as well! Maybe I should send in my resume. Piss poor manager, even worse human being.

Fuck off BringBackBiscan wankpot.

Lets see what his mouthpiece Ballague says about the quotes. If its genuinely about the managers position it's very disrespectful drumming his disciple supporters into putting more pressure on the current manager whether you like him or not. He could of waited until the end if the season if he wants it so much .

He doesn't need to drum up support from some on here!

Do you?

I do not feel this way or that. He stays, OK, he goes OK. However you said he's brought as much time with his performance off the pitch as on the pitch. Judged objectively, he has until the end of the season to prove that we have improved on the pitch, judged by your standards, one can add the same, roughly a month or so, for improvements off the pitch.

If Benitez has said that he wants to come back as manager then he's out of order.

Everyone knows my feelings on Rafa, and I love the fact he is so desperate to come back to this club as it says so much about how great our clubs is. But to say it publicly when our current manager is less then a year in the job is bang out of order. A real shit thing to do.

If Benitez has said that he wants to come back as manager then he's out of order.

Everyone knows my feelings on Rafa, and I love the fact he is so desperate to come back to this club as it says so much about how great our clubs is. But to say it publicly when our current manager is less then a year in the job is bang out of order. A real shit thing to do.

He has'nt, papers being mischievous.

Speculation has mounted in recent weeks over where Benitez will go next. A leading side in England is an option, and he did not totally dismiss the prospect of a return to Liverpool this week - in part because his family home remains in the north-west.

A local journalist informed Benitez that Russian Liverpool fans are intending to attend tomorrow's match at the Luzhniki Stadium and asked about a return to Anfield.

The Spaniard, wearing a wide smile, said: 'All the support is welcome, but especially for the players, so hopefully the players will feel a little warm and will be fine.

'I have my family in Liverpool so that is my home and I will come back to Liverpool any time.

'Just to clarify: I'm talking about my home, where my family is, not the team.

'I am the Chelsea manager and I will go back next week because we have to play against Liverpool (April 21).'