You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds relegated

Gods back

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

I had a grudging respect for Leeds under Revie. They had Cooper and Reaney overlapping which was groundbreaking at the time , Charlton and Hunter were just animals at the back and Bremner , Giles and Lorimer were one of the best midfields ever. Jones and Clarke up front were not the best but good enough with that team behind them.

They were fucking horrible to watch at times and the fans even back then obnoxious but fuck me they were effective. 

This current crop are nowhere good enough to lace the boots of the Revie side and I hope they stay down. 

That title winning team of 1974 was ace, dirty as they were. 

I want to see Bielsa in the Premier League. He pumps up the entertainment value. It was chaos when he was at Marseille and Lille. Brilliant and then disaster in the first case and pure disaster in the second case.

Half the pundits in France thought he was Jesus himself and half thought he was a fraud. It was great, they'd all scream at each other debating about him. They often scream at each other anyway, but it was still great. I don't care about Leeds, I just want to see that circus in the Premier League. 

Hate Leeds and thought it was funny that they've been struggling in the lower leagues for so long but think they've suffered enough. I'd welcome them back in the top flight, would be nice to have another traditional 'rival' in the league rather than the tinpot clubs that think they're our rivals, like Chelsea and City. 

12 hours ago, magicrat said:

I had a grudging respect for Leeds under Revie. They had Cooper and Reaney overlapping which was groundbreaking at the time , Charlton and Hunter were just animals at the back and Bremner , Giles and Lorimer were one of the best midfields ever. Jones and Clarke up front were not the best but good enough with that team behind them.

They were fucking horrible to watch at times and the fans even back then obnoxious but fuck me they were effective. 

This current crop are nowhere good enough to lace the boots of the Revie side and I hope they stay down. 

To be fair, there was good respect between us and them back then. Love the story of Shanks drinking away with revie, bremner and giles when they won the league at Anfield. Football men with ultimate respect for each other. 

• Upvote 1

After that hilarious shitfest against Wigan yesterday, Sheff Utd just need to beat relegated Ipswich to 100% condemn Leeds to the playoffs, which Villa will almost certainly win. On a personal level I'd much sooner have Villa back in the premier league than fucking Leeds due to the amount of stick I'd get in the bar from their delusional mong fan base.Come on Sheff Utd, and come on Villa.

• Upvote 1

On 20/04/2019 at 23:33, Ronnie Whelan said:

To be fair, there was good respect between us and them back then. Love the story of Shanks drinking away with revie, bremner and giles when they won the league at Anfield. Football men with ultimate respect for each other. 

Yep, it's just a shame that 95% of their fans have no respect for anybody whatsoever.

I know loads of Leeds fans who want city to win the league simply because they last won the league after we last won it. Bellends.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Why the fuck are people worried about what other supporters of no mark teams think of us? Fuck them all.

I'm not 'worried' about them. I live in Leeds and it's all I ever hear so I thought I'd mention it on, you know, a football forum.

But yeah you're right, fuck them. The depression around this area at the moment is absolutely delicious.

• Upvote 1

I know a few Sheffield United fans so I'll be delighted for them if they make it. It'll also be nice to have a top flight team in the city for the first time since I've lived here. 

First dibs for TSOP next year?!

35 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

I know a few Sheffield United fans so I'll be delighted for them if they make it. It'll also be nice to have a top flight team in the city for the first time since I've lived here. 

First dibs for TSOP next year?!

You have to start the thread within five minutes of the fixtures coming out. 

28 minutes ago, Em City said:

My uncle lives in Sheffield and I liked the place when I visited so I hope they go up.

Fuck Villa and their fans. Massive gang of bellends.

My son and son in law both went to Sheffield Uni and it does seem a nice place so I don't mind seeing them promoted. Memories of Alan Woodward,Tony Currie et al make me think of them as a top flight team.

Not arsed about Leeds one way or another really, but it'd be good to see Bielsa in the top flight for two or three games at the start of the season next year. Their fans seem like gobshites but then so are most visible fans thesedays.

They're fucked if they drop into the play-offs though. They'll be won by either crest-of-a-wave riding Villa, or a 0-0, 1-0, 1-0 sequence through the play-off semis and final from Pulis' Middlesbrough.