You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think everyone should look at this

Chris

Guest Phil Bamford

Funny I agree with everyone!! Your best 11 is bound to be clouded by your age. When I was J-C-L they told me Heighway was nothing compared to Billy Liddell and you cannot argue but SH was a hero as was Keegan at the time. What about Chris Lawler rock solid and scored loads. I only saw Hunt in his later days so he never looked as good as Rush or even Mikey.

I would always have Cally though especially in his later years inside but still went round the back and covered. But what gives it to him is that he would be there giving 110% on a Wednesday night in January at Turf Moor or St Andrews - pure class and a grafter as well.

But I dont expect someone who came along in the eighties or later to pick him in their 11. My son (14) has only my word for it and I dont expect him to believe what he hasent seen.

You have to take it with the proverbial bucket of salt. Remember the Man Ure site had Cantona ahead of Best, Charlton and Edwards and if you look at the 100 greatest movies, albums etc. they all move on.

Ce la vie.

Colin - I almost, almost put Rob Jones in. So unlucky with injuries. But for some reason two-thumbs Markus does it for me. Good to see that most people have gone for balanced sides. Always gets my goat when I see 3-2-5 formations with Pele as the holding midfielder in all time world XIs :)

Like to see Em Hughes at LB (played there for England and only didnt for us cos we needed him in middle or midfield) Also Chris Lawler at RB. Dont see we can put Markus in on one season then say MO not yet proved himself so-

Clem

Lawler, Hansen Sami (think you need a big man next to culture) E Hughes

Cally, Souness, Kennedy, Barnes

Rush Dalgish

How about an H team I think it would do ok:

Hooper

Henchoz Hansen Hyppia Hughes

Hall Houghten Hamman Heighway

Hunt Heskey

Subs Harkness, Hatley Heggem (if fit)

Can anyone do it with another letter?