You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where are you watching the game?

Paco

Just googled it and its not that one. The one I went in was between shops on a town centre street. 

Could have been Seven Stars, used to be ok but became run down and has shut down now. Just up from the Blue Anchor that brews its own ale, Spingo.

Could have been Seven Stars, used to be ok but became run down and has shut down now. Just up from the Blue Anchor that brews its own ale, Spingo.

Yeah I think it was that place. Nice little town that. Easy pickings for a strapping young Navy lad looking to dip his pen in some Cornish ink. 

I'm considering watching it on YouTube whilst at the previously mentioned gig, during the support acts. Or trying to avoid the result and then watching the repeat when I get home.

Does anyone know if BT will make it available immediately afterwards on catch-up? I need something fairly easy to find so that the wife can do it without giving the score away.

At the same place, in the same chair (at the same angle to the TV) with the same mug.

So - on my own, in my apartment, because that's where I've watched every other game up to this point, and I'm not going to break that even though I know it has absolutely no bearing on anything!

In the house with my mate and our two 6-year-olds. Have a couple - literally - of cans in the fridge. Got all the scarves and other assorted merchandise out earlier to brighten the living room up... Also found my late 80s Candy shirt up there, which, handily enough, fits my wee lad perfectly. 

• Upvote 1

Fuckin BT and Sky

I upgraded to SkyQ because my sky boxes were doing whatever they wanted apart from their sole purpose. Now, I have lost BT sports. I spent ages on the phone but the viewing card would not match.

Oh,we have to do it off line and this can take between 24-48 hours

WTF

Put a lot of thought into it because I’m bringing my boy up. Because I’d be kipping in Runcorn I didn’t want to end up stranded in town and having to pay £40-£50 in a taxi to get back to my sisters house. To stand any chance of squeezing onto a bus I’d have to leave straight after the final whistle.

Finally decided, fuck it, we’ll stay at home and drive up there for the parade if we win. Then they announced the parade would be at midday on Sunday which would mean me getting up at 5 or 6 in the morning to drive up there, probably still half pissed. Not gonna happen. So now I’ve got to watch it up there in case we do win. Made plans to watch it with all my uncles in Speke but then found out my brother-in-law is stuck indoors with my neice because my sister has to work so I’ve been guilt tripped into watching it there. It’d be snide for me to rock up at his house afterwards bladdered after he’s been sat there watching it on his own.

If we win, I’ll see everyone for a big party in town on Sunday. If we lose I’ll have done a 400 mile round trip for nothing.

• Upvote 1

I'm considering watching it on YouTube whilst at the previously mentioned gig, during the support acts. Or trying to avoid the result and then watching the repeat when I get home.

Does anyone know if BT will make it available immediately afterwards on catch-up? I need something fairly easy to find so that the wife can do it without giving the score away.

Anyone? Suggestions for a site where I'll be able to rewatch the match at midnight, that won't involve lots of detective work so it can be easily found by the wife to avoid the score?

Well, I was having a belting day at slam dunk, which I had to leave at 6 to get to this wedding in bury.

We got here 15 minutes after the match started.

There wasn’t a telly, let alone a big screen.

I watched the match - well some of it - on my ducking phone on by sports YouTube. Only it was infuriating as it kept skipping and replaying bits over and over 3 or 4 times, then freezing.

I learned by text that Karius had fucked up again for the 3rd, though it was cryptic enough that I wasn’t absolutely sure.

Several minutes later I saw for myself.

The one bit of the final I could have enjoyed - the goal - we had no stream at all for.

And I’m at a ducking wedding in bury.

Asked if anyone was single, got very little positive response.

Pah.

Concert square is insane

It's been mad there since lunchtime.  Also, Mathew Street was bouncing all day and Ranelagh Street was closed because of the numbers of fans spilling out of pubs.

It's like that time I accidentally married a ladyboy; a great day followed by a disappointing night.

In Glasgow in my local in bits with my missus. My dad died 3 weeks ago and this is going to be so hard to watch. Win or lose, I’m so happy he saw us get there.

I’m really sorry for your loss, mate.

Last time I sat down for a CL final, my dad sat with me.

I like to think he sat with me this time too, but who knows?

After four years, he is closer now than when he had just passed. I hope it becomes the same for you.

• Upvote 1