You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mobile Help.

WaltonRed

I was going to buy a new phone so I could get back on o2 pay as you but I managed to get one of those o2 genie sims.

I have a Vodafone phone and I could switch that over to take my genie sim but I want a new handset with no sim in it but cant find one anywhere online.

Anyone help?

• 10 years later...

My Samsung phone is doing my head in, the memory is constantly running out despite the fact that I've deleted all my music/pictures, half my apps & all of my texts/Whatsapp messages. I clear my cache about three times a day as well. I bought an SD card a while back but it's only letting me move about 3 apps on to it so it's sitting there with about 98% of its memory free.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do here, should I go to the O2 shop & ask for help? I've got this phone for another year & I'm thinking throwing it into the sea would be a better option than constantly battling with the memory for the next 365 days.

My Samsung phone is doing my head in, the memory is constantly running out despite the fact that I've deleted all my music/pictures, half my apps & all of my texts/Whatsapp messages. I clear my cache about three times a day as well. I bought an SD card a while back but it's only letting me move about 3 apps on to it so it's sitting there with about 98% of its memory free.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do here, should I go to the O2 shop & ask for help? I've got this phone for another year & I'm thinking throwing it into the sea would be a better option than constantly battling with the memory for the next 365 days.

Tried turning it off and on? 

Serious answer, I'd just install Google Drive, move all your stuff onto there like pictures etc. Factory reset, if the problem still persists, take it o2, get a new phone. 

• Upvote 1

I had a look on there but it's all threads about computer games.

Happy for this to be moved across there if more appropriate.

I meant it in a helpful way. You/I always seem to get a quick response to any questions. Even if I'm lost by the second line

• Upvote 1

Your default media folders should be set to be on the SD card. Don't know about Samsung but you should be able to connect it to a PC and then move all the files around from there. Much more comfy.

This help?: http://www.samsung.com/ie/support/skp/faq/1044595

That's helped loads, I can't seem to move my apps across but all the other stuff is fine.

Cheers & repped.

All those nudie pics of your boss have caused it to malfunction. 'Tis the only explanation.

• Upvote 3

There used to be an Android app that lets you move apps to SD cards (does not work for certain essential apps though). But the space the apps take on your phone will pale in comparison to the media files anyway.

If you've got Android 7.1 with a SD card you can turn the card into part of your internal storage.

What phone is it pal?

Think everyone has pretty much covered it.

Some apps can't be moved as they require access to contacts whatsapp and strangely Facebook which is a big file

I'm not sure what kind it is to be honest & it's not written on it, Setreal's link has helped enormously.

I seem to remember Vlad was having similar problems so maybe I've not been alone with this issue.

I'm not sure what kind it is to be honest & it's not written on it, Setreal's link has helped enormously.

I seem to remember Vlad was having similar problems so maybe I've not been alone with this issue.

Yes,I was and still am. My phone is a Sony but it seems the same thing applies as with the samsung,ie not being allowed to move stuff to memory card to save space.

• Upvote 1

Yes,I was and still am. My phone is a Sony but it seems the same thing applies as with the samsung,ie not being allowed to move stuff to memory card to save space.

You still can't get that to work? Can you not connect it to a PC via USB-cable and just copy some music to the SD card from the PC? Disconnect and check if the phone finds the folders?

Get a file manager app like Astro file manager or something. You can move whatever files, images, documents you want. Apps on the other hand can't be moved quite as easily. Maybe moving your files will be enough.

Go into you spotify/podcast/camera apps that regularly make/download/create files and change the default save location to the SD card in their settings. This should reduce the accumulation of files on the phone memory.

• Upvote 1