You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Although I like Extras and his live stuff I can't help but wish he had stopped at 'The Office' which was superb. He seems to be becoming Peter Kay (ie Annoying fat cunt who believes his own hype and can't improve on his earlier work). Saw PK live few years ago but was dissapointed as most jokes seemed to come from his previous 'Blackpool tower' DVD.

Also, Max and Paddy was overrated.

The End. (Roaring Lion etc)

Although I like Extras and his live stuff I can't help but wish he had stopped at 'The Office' which was superb. He seems to be becoming Peter Kay (ie Annoying fat cunt who believes his own hype and can't improve on his earlier work). Saw PK live few years ago but was dissapointed as most jokes seemed to come from his previous 'Blackpool tower' DVD.

Also, Max and Paddy was overrated.

The End. (Roaring Lion etc)

Tend to pretty much agree with all of that. Extras is only sporadically funny and Gervais' stand-up is mediocre, although I don't think he's quite at the level of tired old shitness that Kay is.

you can't argue with gervais's tactics. The office was done, left at the top where it should be. Compared to something like Little Britain which was funny once. Not 4-5 times and not worth making minitures or mug's out of it. In the end you either become a parody of yourself or it wears itself out. No one said writing comedy is easy. Extra's I find reasonably ok. As an example the episode with Les Dennis is actually him admitting to being a fat, washed out dick (which he is) or just putting Robert De Niro is as much mundane, awkward scene possible. So it's working a little more on a different level. I thought animals was pretty funny

Tend to pretty much agree with all of that. Extras is only sporadically funny and Gervais' stand-up is mediocre, although I don't think he's quite at the level of tired old shitness that Kay is.

It was meant more as warning signs that im feelin for Gervais. Animals and Politics were surprising good considering his strength was not stand up, but I don't want him to become PK, although RG is by far a cleverer comedian. I think Flaminals (which was bought for me to go next to all my RG DVD's) started my worries.

"Basically Im a chilled out entertainer".

P.S. Also, I prefered the oroginal Dawn and not the 'Americanized' skinny one she has become.

Love The Office. I also think Extras can be very good. But Gervais is a very limited stand up comic. Animals was decent, Politics I didn't like.

Still think Larry David is king of uncomfortable comedy, though.

That be the truth, even Gervais has admitted as much.

He's no stand-up. However his radio shows (when he stood in for Jonathon Ross) with Marchant were surreally ace. Their rambling bullshit I'd count up there with Derek n' Clive for pure off-the-cuff comedy (minus the wanking gags and profanity - which is some acievement).

Oh, and Extras was class.

Larry David may be the king of uncomfortable comedy, but he's gona bit too slapstick recently for my liking. Larry David at the BBC, doing his shit in the UK would be worth watching though.

Guest Eskimo-Boy
Gervais is just a very funny bloke. Listen to his unscripted radio shows with Merchant and Pilkington; he just oozes intelligent comedy with integrity.

absolutely loved the first series

Anyone been to Fame yet? I've got tickets for Hammersmith Apollo in Sept.

Yeah went to see him in Blackpool about a Month ago (I think).

It was superb.

Gervais is just a very funny bloke. Listen to his unscripted radio shows with Merchant and Pilkington; he just oozes intelligent comedy with integrity.

Karl Pilkington is the funniest man on the planet.

If you've got a couple of weeks free, download and listen to the xfm shows (but there's hours and hours of it).

http://www.pilkipedia.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Download:List

the more TV shows he makes the better, he should just keep going until i get sick of them who cares if he spoils his reputation or whatever it's not going to change the fact that the office was brilliant.

The office is one of the best comedies ever and i also really like Extras although lots of people dont seem to for some reason even though they liked the office.

• 1 year later...
Such lies...

And there lies the ability of a woman to say no, i would seriously say no, no matter how desperate i was i would use a toy first.

Then him after and only after and in desperate measures if i'm not satisfied