You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So How Many Of You Can Be Objective

Red Nick

Here's a little tester for you then and see if your objectivity can get the better of your hatred

Pick your best 11 from all the current Manu & LFC Players

Here's my Choice

--------------------Reina---------------------

Finnan----------Carra---------Ferdinand---------Heinze

Gerrard---------Scoles--------Javier--------------Ronaldo

-----------------Crouch-----Rooney-----------------

If I was playing 4-2-3-1 id drop Crouch for Xabi.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a little tester for you then and see if your objectivity can get the better of your hatred

Pick your best 11 from all the current Manu & LFC Players

Here's my Choice

--------------------Reina---------------------

Finnan----------Carra---------Ferdinand---------Heinze

Gerrard---------Scoles--------Javier--------------Ronaldo

-----------------Crouch-----Rooney-----------------

If I was playing 4-2-3-1 id drop Crouch for Xabi.

More of ours than theirs? when did you last look at the league table?

Guest dragonfly

reina

finnan-----------agger-------carra-----------hienze

-----------------------carrick---------------------

ronaldo---------gerrard-------scholes---------giggs

------------------------crouch--------------------

from form this season.

Guest dragonfly
reina

finnan-----------agger-------carra-----------hienze

-----------------------carrick---------------------

ronaldo---------gerrard-------scholes---------giggs

------------------------crouch--------------------

from form this season.

by the way i mean reina in goal not right back

More of ours than theirs? when did you last look at the league table?

Take Ronaldo, Scoles & Rooney & put them in our team I think the table would look quite a bit different and I think I am being quite objective about that, I think Ronaldo is directly responsible for 15 points or so to start with

by the way i mean reina in goal not right back

I can defo understand where you coming from regarding Carrick if your taking the season as a whole, just think Javier has shown in only a few games that he is one of the best defensive midfield player in world football but I could concede he hasnt done it over a long enough time period to warrant selection over Carrick

However Agger over Ferdinand is one i expected but not one I agree with, Ferdinand & Vidic (tough call that with Cara) is a major reason Utd are where they are. Agger has potential but I dont believe Rafa would pick Agger over Ferdinand given the choice

Reina

Finnan Carragher Ferdinand Heinz

Ronaldo Gerrard Scholes Giggs

Rooney Crouch

I guess we have the better squad and the have a larger number of "exceptional" players.

Looking at the striker force there, you can tell where both teams will be investing this summer.

just an observation, manu play a more attacking style of football than we do but have conceeded a similar amount of goals so either:

a) their defenders are better than ours because they get less protection from the attackers but still conceed very few goals

or

b) attack is the best form of defense, opposition don't get to attack them (manu defenders) as much because they (opposition) are usually in their own half for most of the game

Guest Far and Tether

.....................VDS

Finnan....Carragher...Rio....Evra

...................Carrick

Ronaldo...Scholes...Gerard...Giggs

...................Rooney

That's a horrible formation, but it's the only way I could fit the players I wanted, which explains why I'm not a football manager. Actually, that's only three of your lot in there, so I might concede Reina for VDS on recent showings. Next season, Mascherano could well replace Carrick in that lineup, too. Then again, Ben Foster might be challenging VDS for us, and your Scott Carson looks handy, too.

or the right answer

c) their defenders are a bit quicker than ours so they're more comfortable taking chances in attack

Which begs the question - why aren't our defenders quick? Rafa has bought Josemi, Agger, Arbeloa, Pelligrino, Aurelio, etc and none are fast. Also, it is hard to attack United when they are attacking you all game. I think it is a mix of all 3 by the way.

.....................VDS

Finnan....Carragher...Rio....Evra

...................Carrick

Ronaldo...Scholes...Gerard...Giggs

...................Rooney

That's a horrible formation, but it's the only way I could fit the players I wanted, which explains why I'm not a football manager. Actually, that's only three of your lot in there, so I might concede Reina for VDS on recent showings. Next season, Mascherano could well replace Carrick in that lineup, too. Then again, Ben Foster might be challenging VDS for us, and your Scott Carson looks handy, too.

Carrick ahead of Alonso just doesn't seem right and Rooney on his own up front at 5ft 8, not much pace/movement and without a huge goal threat is Sven Goran Erikkson land.

I'm stunned that Ferdinand has been picked by everyone over Vidic, Rio is the most overrated defender in the league, the only reason he's looked good this season is that Vidic has been covering him, look what happened without Vidic at Portsmouth they were very poor at the back giving away loads of chances and even Watford gave them trouble especially at set pieces where Vidic is very strong,

Reina

Finnan Carra Vidic Evra

Gerrard Scholes Alonso Giggs

Ronaldo

Rooney

Crouch was close.

I'm stunned that Ferdinand has been picked by everyone over Vidic, Rio is the most overrated defender in the league, the only reason he's looked good this season is that Vidic has been covering him, look what happened without Vidic at Portsmouth they were very poor at the back giving away loads of chances and even Watford gave them trouble especially at set pieces where Vidic is very strong,

Reina

Finnan Carra Vidic Evra

Gerrard Scholes Alonso Giggs

Ronaldo

Rooney

Crouch was close.

Their record with and without Ferdinand is very different in his favour. He has pace, skill and height... and is a very good defender (overrated at £30M mind).

Their record with and without Ferdinand is very different in his favour. He has pace, skill and height... and is a very good defender (overrated at £30M mind).

I really really don't think he's a good defender though, some of his decision making is awful and he strolls around on the ball thinking he's hansen, while Vidic is like Carra he's the type of defender who loves defending and tackling and while i know that Agger rules i would have loved it if we had of got him.

Foster isn't even better than Carson let alone VDS and Reina.

According to Adrian Boothroyd, "he's better than Edwin van der Sar" and "is going to be the best goalkeeper in the world." Sir Alex Ferguson says Foster "will be England's next goalkeeper."

For some reason, I trust their judgement more than yours!