You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guitar Hero 2

Fink

I had a nerd attack last night and bought this for my 360.

It has the potential to be the worlds funniest game with a crate load of beer and a few mates.

I was buzzing when I got 100 note streak on Woman by Wolfmother.

Im sure one day I may well grow up.

I find that I am ridiculously bad at Guitar Hero after a few beers. I can rinse through most of the songs on medium without missing a single note and can finish most of the songs on difficult, but after a few bevvies I can't hit a single note on even an easy song.

I tried medium and was absolute pants - i started off on easy where you only get the odd power chord.

Its good that the difficulties mean a completely different game like

Yeah, I can't get more than 10 seconds into a song on Expert.

Practise really does make perfect. Does the 360 version have the practise mode like the PS2 version? I found that if you try and nail the hardest song on a level at 1/4 of the speed you soon get it on full speed. I can destroy Psychobilly Freakout on Hard.

I tried medium and was absolute pants - i started off on easy where you only get the odd power chord.

Its good that the difficulties mean a completely different game like

Also, learn the skills from the advanced tutorial, hammer on and whatever the other one is called. They are invaluable for the faster songs.

Guest TK-421
Yeah, I can't get more than 10 seconds into a song on Expert.

Practise really does make perfect. Does the 360 version have the practise mode like the PS2 version? I found that if you try and nail the hardest song on a level at 1/4 of the speed you soon get it on full speed. I can destroy Psychobilly Freakout on Hard.

Is it Psyhcobilly Freakout by The Reverend Horton Heat?

This one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychobilly_Freakout

Yes. You need to attack the guitar like Daniel Alves diving whilst being electrocuted and having an epleptic fit. You think you're over the worst as the tempo slows down and then it goes "It's some kind of psychobilly freakout!" and then goes apeshit. It's harder than David Moyes in a primary school gym session.

Guest TK-421

Haha, it's a fucking great song but then The Rev are hot shit. It's the first track on the B-Side of their first LP which a mate bought me for my 18th birthday.

B0000035ES.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

They do "Big Red Rocket of Love" too which features on new drive-em-up "Motorstorm", it's the song used on the TV advert.

Guest TK-421
The guitar work on Psychobilly is utterly utterly ridiculous. I don't know how anyone can play such a sustained burst of high speed guitar playing.

He's an ace guitarist. The bass player plays double bass and he's shit hot too, so is the drummer.

I've just finished medium and had a quick crack on Hard.

Won't be doing that again too quickly that is for sure. Get back to trying to get 5 stars on medium before I go back there.

Flippin top game tho even if my missus comes upstairs and start laughing at me whilst I playing!

• 4 weeks later...

I bought this game with a guitar off a mate of mine who wanted it for the 360 so he sold me the ps2 one he had for £20.

Me and the GF are addicted to it, my favorite song to play is 'tonight I'm Gonna rock you' by Spinal tap.... just because it's spinal tap!! lots of long notes to play while using the tremlo. Then it’ll would have to be ‘Free Bird’, cause that solo at the end is a bitch.

I'm a drummer in real life, but god, do I rock on the guitar!!!

(the only thing about it I don't like it your vision goes funny after one song due to staring so much)

JNP, can you do PBFO yet?

blam blam blam blam blam blam blam blam blam

(phew, I can rest a bit!)

IT'S THE PSYCHOBILLY FREAKOUT!

(Oh fuck)

Blamamammamamalblamblamblamblamblamblamblam blam blam blamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblam blamblam blam blam

(Carpal tunnel sets in)

(Oh fuck)

Blamamammamamalblamblamblamblamblamblamblam blam blam blamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblamblam blamblam blam blam

(Carpal tunnel sets in)

I've attempted it a few times but I'm not quite up to that standard yet.

That song is evil on the fingers...evil!

• 4 months later...

(Oh fuck)

(Carpal tunnel sets in)

Yo Dirty check this.