Quantcast
Billy Connolly. - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Kopite

Billy Connolly.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Saw him sat outside Highbury & Islington station just doodling in a notebook and enjoying the sun.

Gave him the thumbs up, which was reciprocated.

Seemed happy, which made my day.

I thought this was going to be bad news. Glad he’s enjoying his day and he made yours. 

• Upvote 2

Saw him sat outside Highbury & Islington station just doodling in a notebook and enjoying the sun.

Have you not seen his tweet about ‘some wanker’ giving him the thumbs up in Highbury?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I thought I saw Vic Reeves in Regent's Park on Saturday. From the side on it was an absolute ringer? I was about to open my trap and say "hello, Mr Reeves" until I got front on and the dude was at least 20 years younger than him. 

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

I thought I saw Vic Reeves in Regent's Park on Saturday. From the side on it was an absolute ringer? I was about to open my trap and say "hello, Mr Reeves" until I got front on and the dude was at least 20 years younger than him. 

Nah, it was him.

I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, I love the big fella, so just left him to his doodlings with a tip of the hat.

Nah, it was him.

I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, I love the big fella, so just left him to his doodlings with a tip of the hat.

Oh I wasn't doubting you at all. Sorry if that's how it came across. Just sharing my similar, yet not so similar story.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Thought he’d croaked it then when I saw this bumped. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

He disgusts me after the Bigley “joke” 

I was there in the crowd in Hammersmith when he did that joke. Billy is a comedy genius and should be remembered for more than that one joke. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Impostor said:

I was there in the crowd in Hammersmith when he did that joke. Billy is a comedy genius and should be remembered for more than that one joke. 

Not for me Clive, line well and truly crossed. Insofar as I’m concerned Connolly is a cunt.

• Downvote 3

54 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Fucker. I was expecting you to say he was dead. That would have been a shit end to a shit day! 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fucker. I was expecting you to say he was dead. That would have been a shit end to a shit day! 

Sorry, big man! 

Just thought it’d brighten a few’s days knowing he’s seemingly alright.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Expected the worst. 

Glad to see he’s doing well. Funniest comedian of all time. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Oh just get on with it

It was tasteless. He wasn’t saying it in a room with the man in it listening to him. You’ll be hard pushed to find a comedian who hasn’t crossed the line plenty of times. Billy rarely does and I’m sure he regrets it. Out of interest who are your favourite comedians? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

It was tasteless. He wasn’t saying it in a room with the man in it listening to him. You’ll be hard pushed to find a comedian who hasn’t crossed the line plenty of times. Billy rarely does and I’m sure he regrets it. Out of interest who are your favourite comedians? 

He mocked a terrified man begging for his life, justify it to yourself however you like pal

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

He mocked a terrified man begging for his life, justify it to yourself however you like pal

I will. Thanks. 

11 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ll take your Billy Connelly and trump you with Haley Cropper from Coronation Street at Piccadilly station!   No Roy.  

Negged for seeing Haley.  This place has gone to the dogs. Transphobes everywhere. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Tommy Tiernan has a joke, something like, there is a fine line between humour and offence, and where that line is, you usually find out when you cross it.

6 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Tommy Tiernan has a joke, something like, there is a fine line between humour and offence, and where that line is, you usually find out when you cross it.

Everything is funny until someone jokes about the thing you don’t find funny. 

10 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I’m thinking that when you’re taking the piss out of a kidnapped man who is terrified and begging for his life shortly before having his screaming head hacked off that if you haven’t crossed the line there then it’s pretty safe to say that you probably never will.