You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Billy Connolly.

Kopite

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m not sure what you mean. The point of the entire series is that Rigsby is shown to be a massive racist and an inverse snob who fails constantly.  The one person who acts with integrity is the black man. 

The play on which the series was based was inspired by a true story about a black lad who scammed a landlord by pretending to be an African prince. Because the landlord's ingrained class deference overcame even his ingrained racism, the tenant got by rent-free for ages; in the age of "no blacks, no dogs" that was a pretty neat trick.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m not sure what you mean. The point of the entire series is that Rigsby is shown to be a massive racist and an inverse snob who fails constantly.  The one person who acts with integrity is the black man. 

Until they find out Phil isn’t from Africa. 

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Racist jokes are far more deplorable than what Billy said. 

Without going Bernard Manning here they aren't. Of course they are deplorable but to me the specificity of what he said makes it worse.

I like billy but that was a deplorable joke

8 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Without going Bernard Manning here they aren't. Of course they are deplorable but to me the specificity of what he said makes it worse.

I like billy but that was a deplorable joke

They are. In my opinion. 

26 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Graham Norton did something similar when Maurice Gibb died back in 2003 . Made some shit pun about Staying Alive if I remember correctly and the family didn't take it well at all.

Reminds me of a Thai newspaper called the Bangkok Post which had some dark headlines. A Thai magician fucked up his act and burnt himself to death on stage while I was out there once, their headline was 'Magician fired from job'. When Maurice Gibb died I was out there too, their headline was 'Saturday Night Death'.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Reminds me of a Thai newspaper called the Bangkok Post which had some dark headlines. A Thai magician fucked up his act and burnt himself to death on stage while I was out there once, their headline was 'Magician fired from job'. When Maurice Gibb died I was out there too, their headline was 'Saturday Night Death'.

I think they missed out on Saturday Night Non Breather.

14 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Saw Hitler outside the Bargain Booze in Norris today, gave him a nod and a wink.

Do your worst…

Jesus fucking Christ.

Seriously? You saw both of them on the same day? Some going that mate. Did you get a selfie?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...