You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Raul ?

Guest stephenknapp

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Babblefish

Raúl has it practically determined. The next season wants to play in England and, if can be, in the Liverpool. The white captain and the Real Madrid have very advanced an agreement to terminate the contract, that expires in the 2010, to end of the present campaign, in sight of the great restructuring of the staff that has in mind the president, Ramón Cauldron.

Rafa Benítez, Spanish coach of the Liverpool, is expecting him with the open arms and is its main champion before the new owners of the English team, the multmillonarios American George razor Blade and Tom Hicks. These they want to promote the staff network to be able to compete on equal terms in the Premier League front al Chelsea and the Manchester United and they are willing to put a lot of money on the table.

Ral, that already carries 13 go you in the first team of Madrid, considers that its white phase has touched to its end and its pretensin has always been to play in the ftbol ingls before being withdrawn. Its representative, Gins Carvajal, declar in the tabloid News of the World that if Ral has to leave the Real Madrid, its destiny slo it to elect l. And it tendr very fcil: to l he likes a lot of England.

In this way, Carvajal not slo reveals the possible destiny of the capitn of Madrid, but tambin closes every possibility to that the player be transferred by the Real Madrid. Ral always he has declared that never to be a problem for the club and that, if algn gives sees that exceeds, to be the first one in giving the first step. That s, the forward slo puts a condicin, that considers that has earned itself along its successful path in the Madrid: its exit should be produced with the letter of liberty and ace to be able to negotiate freely its future with the team that ms interest him.

The possible exit of Raúl, although be to price zero, is of the I please of the Real Madrid in which considers excessive the slip of the captain (12 million rough euro al year) keeping in mind that each year possesses less specific weight in the team. Besides, they think about the board of directors that if they manage to free of the forward one they will be able to be removed of on top with greater facility to other footballers, like Cassano, Cannavaro, Emerson and Salgado, among others.

Just read that. How funny is Babblefish

He's not an out and out striker is he Nick. He plays between the lines (as Rafa always says). I think there is room for him too.

But I have him as one of my five strikers (2nd striker) as he's not gonna get a game on the flanks, I actually think Garcia & Crouch is the best partnership currently at the club

But I have him as one of my five strikers (2nd striker) as he's not gonna get a game on the flanks, I actually think Garcia & Crouch is the best partnership currently at the club

I like that partnership too.

I reckon Luis is the most instinctive finisher at the club after Robbie, and he can create chances for himself out of nothing as well. If he got regular games as an out and out striker I think a lot of people would be pleasantly surprised, and the talk of needing a clinical goalscorer would recede quite a bit. It'll never happen though.

I like that partnership too.

I reckon Luis is the most instinctive finisher at the club after Robbie, and he can create chances for himself out of nothing as well. If he got regular games as an out and out striker I think a lot of people would be pleasantly surprised, and the talk of needing a clinical goalscorer would recede quite a bit. It'll never happen though.

Last season some of our best performances were with those 2 up front, remember the Brum game especially,

Cant remember but didnt they play together in the Semi against Chelsea

Well past his prime and I always thought he was highly over-rated.

Yes, he's the CL highest ever scorer, but most of those goals came when Madrid were good. My granny could've scored playing as a striker in that team.

Still, as other have said, if he's on a free and saves Rafa spending money, fingers crossed he proves me wrong. Can see him being another 'Nando tho.

If Rafa brings Raul in on a free... I think we'll be seeing that Three striker formation a lot for away matches against Small clubs. With Raul being slotted behind two strikers.

Voronin, Eto'o, Raul, Crouch, Kuyt? That'd work. That means money for a Left Fullback or Winger replacement will be there.

it's insane that we can be saying that we'll buy eto'o, sign raul on a free, and that'd be good because then we'd have enough for a superstar winger. it's insane, but I love it.

Insanity can sometimes be beautiful (as some poncey pseud undoubtedly once said).

Last season some of our best performances were with those 2 up front, remember the Brum game especially,

Cant remember but didnt they play together in the Semi against Chelsea

Yep, against Chelsea they looked superb together.

I love Luis. I reckon if he was played as a striker he'd have a shot at being a genuine Liverpool legend. But as I've already said, I don't think there's any chance of that happening. More's the pity.