You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who to sell?

Brownie

Who to sell?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who to sell?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rashid sent me a PM when he'd been posting here under the name Josh W, apologising for any offence he caused (having told me my "bird had AIDS"). At that point he said he felt like a twat for posting under another name, and wouldn't ever do it again.

Just for the record, like.

Rashid sent me a PM when he'd been posting here under the name Josh W, apologising for any offence he caused (having told me my "bird had AIDS"). At that point he said he felt like a twat for posting under another name, and wouldn't ever do it again.

But Billy Liar isn't known to be a man of his word, is he? He told Dave U the exact same thing when he was banned.

Bellamy, on the basis we bring a similar - but better - replacement in.

Crouch is irreplaceable attributes wise.

Kuyt deserves a second season in English football.

Pretty much my take on it aswell.

I'm not sure we're selling any of them though. The only striker I can see leaving this summer is Fowler.

He's nobody but himself to blame. The funniest thing about the DIC pseudonym is at times you can sense him trying to restrain himself from frothing at the mouth.

I've done a few 'aint Spud/Cisse damn ace!' posts just to flush him and Raddy out.:laugh:

I would have preferred us to keep the three we have, not sign Voronin and just bring in one more top quality finisher. If we have to sell one, though, I'd say it has to be Bellamy. I like him, but I'm not sure he's ever going to be the striker we need.

If I had to choose one of those three then Bellamy but I would be happy if all three stayed and a Villa or Eto'o type striker was brought in along with Voronin.

I think there is room for 5 strikers in the squad (presuming Robbie is no longer in Rafa's plans), especially if Voronin will be asked to play a deeper role, ala Garcia maybe.

If we were to bring in Villa/Eto'o and another striker (eg Tevez) then we would need to sell somebody and for me that would be Bellamy.

If Crouch plays like has all season... a passive game with no attacking of the ball then sell Crouch.

If he plays like he did against Arsenal? Lots of bottle and attacking the ball? We can't sell him... He's a brilliant finisher.

It just depends on that. Crouch was/is my biggest disappointment and if he can keep his form up then he is priceless.

I didn't think having five strikers could work, and my opposition to signing a new one stemmed largely from not wanting to see any of the three sold. Now though I'm coming round to the idea that it can.

We have been very lucky with our strikers' fitness this season, and that's always something that's easy to overlook. But what happens next season if, for example, we sign David Villa, sell Bellamy, and then Villa gets crocked and is out for three months? We'd be left with fewer striking options than we have now, and our title hopes would suffer badly.

If we have more financial resources next season, which is presumably a given if we can afford the likes of Villa or Eto'o, then we should be looking to maintain two XIs of almost the same quality, just as Chelsea supposedly do. However, as Chelsea have shown with John Terry, a bad injury to one of your best players can blow a big hole in your title chances if you aren't stuffed with quality in every position.

So I would be happy to see us get a new striker next season, but only on the condition that we keep Kuyt, Bellamy and Crouch, and on the basis that we need strength in depth rather than that those three aren't good enough.

Wouldn't like to see any of the 3 sold, only another one brought in.

For me, Voronin isn't a striker like other previously have said and is more in the mould of little Luis.

Don't really like to see players sold on after only 1 season as I feel that they aren't given a fair crack of the whip in adjusting to a new city/country and coming and having to cope with the pressure of playing for us.

Our goals scored is 48 and United Goal difference is 53 or something, that is a shocking statistic and shows where the problems are. Someone posted that United's midfield scored a lot of goals which means we have seriously missed Garcia and Kewell, and also missed Gerrard's goals. Our problems are probably out wide just as much as the strikers...

A hard one this but I went for Bellamy, I don't think his darker side will ever be fully in check, although I can tollerate it - if we have a great striker coming in and need to make room, than attitude would be the deciding factor for me, and both Crouch and Dirk score big on this...

Guest Johnny Barnes

I'm astonished by how many would sell Kuyt. He's shown more than enough in his first season to prove he could be a huge success here.

Not a bad goal record either, which could get even better before the end of the season. I'm sure he would have scored a lot more if we had better creative players in the side.

What happened to giving players a bit of time?