You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arrested Development

RedinSweden

It certainly makes Seinfeld look about as funny as Friends.

And seinfeld is pretty good.

Yeah, i like Seinfeld, TPB and Partridge is up there with anything. But he did what? 12 episodes??

The sheer quality of Arrested has just never been touched imo(Larry Sanders maybe imo), its dripping with it, you can watch it ten times and you'll still pick out little things you've not seen before, so fucking layered it just boggles the brain how they did it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mighty Boosh. Seriously? The only decent episode was the coconut island one, and that line about Yakult was also pretty good, other than that it's pretty shit though isn't it?

yeah i love it, liked nathan barley too. Man Stroke woman is pretty funny and i forgot about flight of the conchords, first series only mind. Snuff box is also pretty good.

The series I've mentioned never had anything as bad as the English spy angle idea - that was an absolute stinker.

I really enjoyed it but there are several better and more intelligent comedies.

Yet the "Mole" episode is one of the finest of the entire show.

"God knows they're squinters"

I kind of enjoy the fact not everyone gets it though.

Like? And give reasons why.

Michael Bluth: So this is the magic trick, huh?

Gob: Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money......[cut to children in the front row]...............or candy

Things that are funnier than Arrested Development ever?

Seinfeld has been mentioned, that would be one. Blackadder. Fawlty Towers. Brass Eye. There's loads.

Reasons why? How do you answer that? I enjoyed them more when I watched them. You can't analyse humour, its just personal preference.

Things that are funnier than Arrested Development ever?

Seinfeld has been mentioned, that would be one. Blackadder. Fawlty Towers. Brass Eye. There's loads.

Reasons why? I enjoyed them more when I watched them. You can't analyse humour, its just personal preference.

Your right, there is no accounting for taste i suppose.

Downloaded series 1. Watched the first four with Mrs RiS. Very good indeed. RiS Jr reckons Buster looks like Rafa.

That picture of Xabi on the banner looks a bit like Michael Bluth on a 'dress-down Friday'. GOB clearly rules the show, with Tobias a close second. The film is apparently due to go into production soon....

That picture of Xabi on the banner looks a bit like Michael Bluth on a 'dress-down Friday'. GOB clearly rules the show, with Tobias a close second. The film is apparently due to go into production soon....

You know that whole "no *f on the gf" thing, I think you may just have spotted a tiny flaw in it.

A season and a half in, tis very good. Observations so far:

His mum is ace and I would. Her dislike of all her children makes me smile.

The dad is always, always funny. " Light treason" had me in stiches then he follows it up with " first time".

GOB is a legend , easily the shows best and everyone else is just above passable. Ron Howard has quite a nice voice, I hadn't noticed it before. I will not pass an opinion on Maybe until I know how old she is.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just spent all last night and this morning watching all of series 1. Can't believe i waited so long to get round to watching this! How they managed to cram Tobias, Gob, Buster and George into a single show i don't know. All 4 have got to be legendary comic creations by now. Gonna buy the lot as this will be endlessly re-watchable. Will learn my lesson and get on Dexter and The Wire a.s.a.fucking.p. as well.

First scene i remember pissing myself at was when Buster was trying to chase a bird out of the house:

Buster: 'IT'S A BIRD!'

His mum: 'I can see it's a bird, deal with it.'

Buster: 'IT WALKED ON MY PILLOW!'

Awesome. And reppage Remmie. I'm on the mother.

This is my favourite sitcom ever. It used to be tied between Seinfeld and Curb but this just has too many classic characters and amazing lines. Also as somone mentioned its so fucking layered its unreal.

I love the bit when Gob and Michael are talking about the yacht Gob has bought and the mum comes in.

Michaal "Gob get rid of the Seaward."

Lucille "I'll leave when I'm good and ready."

Fucking classic

Although my favourite moment of the whole series is when Gob is trying to apologise to Michael for the family kidnapping, beating, drugging and leaving Rita and he pulls out Franklin and starts singing "It ain't easy being white". The exact second they cut away from that made it ten times funnier.

Also I loved Gob and his "Yeah, the guy in the $4000 suit.... Come on!". They must have done that about 6 times in the episode and it cracked me up every time!