You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Egg

Remmie

Best egg?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Best egg?

I knew exactly what was happening. I just decided that I would let it go as I am not *that* much of a pedant.

But some typos are funny, and that was one of them. I had a mental picture of loads of donkey-jacketed strikers standing around a brazier, and Jeff having to eat them all in 12 minutes for $180. I don't know, maybe I am just mental, but it made me laugh.

And you are such a pedant. You're as much an apostrophe nazi as I am! And Jeff, I know you can spell. Apart from words like colour and centre.

I've never understood Poached. It's all watery and tasteless. Everytime I've tried them, doesn't matter where.

Perfectly poached eggs (I've never been able to manage it) are not at all watery and taste exactly like fried eggs but without the grease. On toast (or as part of a cooked breaky) with a bit of salt and pepper, they are delicious. If you like eggs, I don't see what the problem is.

But some typos are funny, and that was one of them. I had a mental picture of loads of donkey-jacket strikers standing around a brazier, and Jeff having to eat them all in 12 minutes for $180. I don't know, maybe I am just mental, but it made me laugh.

And you are such a pedant. You're as much an apostrophe nazi as I am!

Considering I rarely use them unless I do it in academic writing or some sort of official capacity that is a bit of an exaggeration. Mentalist. You can be the 5th act in the circus. "unfunny girl".

But some typos are funny, and that was one of them. I had a mental picture of loads of donkey-jacketed strikers standing around a brazier, and Jeff having to eat them all in 12 minutes for $180. I don't know, maybe I am just mental, but it made me laugh.

And you are such a pedant. You're as much an apostrophe nazi as I am! And Jeff, I know you can spell. Apart from words like colour and centre.

my engrish teacher was Americun sorry

Considering I rarely use them unless I do it in academic writing or some sort of official capacity that is a bit of an exaggeration. Mentalist. You can be the 5th act in the circus. "unfunny girl".

You nearly took my head off one night on msn for typing "your" instead of "you're". I'm terrified of making the same mistake again in your presence, and my typing speed has consequently reduced by at least 10 wpm.

Back to eggs, I love frittata with some pasta chucked in. Closely followed by poached or boiled eggs. You've got to have runny yolks too,

Perfectly poached eggs (I've never been able to manage it) are not at all watery and taste exactly like fried eggs but without the grease. On toast (or as part of a cooked breaky) with a bit of salt and pepper, they are delicious. If you like eggs, I don't see what the problem is.

Yup, a well poached egg on toast is truly a culinary delight. Fucking hard as buggery to do though. Well the egg is anyway, I'm ace at the toast part

The worst concept in the history of mankind is when cunts put an Egg on a Pizza, thats a whole new world of wrongness.

D'ya think? Meet the Oreo Pizza.

nutoreotc3.gif

Another level of wrongness - which I saw for the first time this weekend, courtesy of my brother's fiancee - is drinking a cup of the watery/milky/eggy runoff from the scrambled egg pan.

Invest in a proper Egg poacher lads. You can have four of the little gems on the go at once. Four = two on each slice of toast. Now that's living!

When I read that I felt like Mrs Doyle saying "Well maybe I like the misery!"

Get a deep pan, about a third to half full of boiling water, with a little bit of vinegar in it. Crack an egg into a cup. Then stir the water really fast, so you get a vortexy thing going: drop the egg into the middle and it will keep some sort of shape.

Then get someone else to do the washing up.

Guest PaddyBerger15
D'ya think? Meet the Oreo Pizza.

nutoreotc3.gif

Another level of wrongness - which I saw for the first time this weekend, courtesy of my brother's fiancee - is drinking a cup of the watery/milky/eggy runoff from the scrambled egg pan.

Yep, both of those are right up there on the wrongness scale.

Is it still technically a poached egg if not cooked in water? I don't see how an egg can be cooked in water without going all watery. It also seems a lot of effort to cook a fucking egg!

Slotted spoon and evaporation?

• 3 months later...