You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stabbings

Section_31

First that seven year old goes nuts and stabs a woman.

Then two lads are stabbed to death in London in the space of a week

Three men stabbed and killed in Manchester over the weekend.

Its unreal how the further we advance into the 21st century the more outright savage our society seems to have started becoming, scary shit.

First that seven year old goes nuts and stabs a woman.

Then two lads are stabbed to death in London in the space of a week

Three men stabbed and killed in Manchester over the weekend.

Its unreal how the further we advance into the 21st century the more outright savage our society seems to have started becoming, scary shit.

Is this exceptional though? Or have the media just decided to focus on this and so every stabbing is now headline news. More the latter I suspect. It's like all those copy cat Pit Bull incidents. The dogs see it on the news and think "i'll have some of that".

There is a serious moral vacuum in part of our society and that is the landscape in which most of these incidents occur.

Is this exceptional though? Or have the media just decided to focus on this and so every stabbing is now headline news. More the latter I suspect. It's like all those copy cat Pit Bull incidents. The dogs see it on the news and think "i'll have some of that".

There is a serious moral vacuum in part of our society and that is the landscape in which most of these incidents occur.

Thats a good point, but violent crime has been rising steadilly for over a decade, we've all seen some manifestation of it, even though we'd like to think our society is becoming more sophisticated, educated, and employment is at its highest levels in years.

There seems no rhyme nor reason why everyone seems to be going berserk.

Anyone who thinks this country is more violent than it was 50, 100, 200, 500 years ago needs their heads testing. I haven't seen any statistics, but I wouldn't mind betting that the murder rate is at an all-time low.

The fact that these days we're even talking about the causes of crime and how we can eradicate them is a sign of immense progress in society.

Anyone who thinks this country is more violent than it was 50, 100, 200, 500 years ago needs their heads testing. I haven't seen any statistics, but I wouldn't mind betting that the murder rate is at an all-time low.

Spot on. i heard some guy from the Police on the radio a while ago lking about this.

The debate was about child abduction and murder and stuff.

Anyway, he said that compared to the 1950's (a decade oft' quoted as the heyday of family values and low crime) it is ten times less likely for a child to be abducted than it uis today, yet the media coverage is up by over 700%!

They want us to live in climate of fear.

Spot on. i heard some guy from the Police on the radio a while ago lking about this.

Anyway, he said that compared to the 1950's (a decade oft' quoted as the heyday of family values and low crime) it is ten times less likely for a child to be abducted than it uis today, yet the media coverage is up by over 700%!

It's a bit sick when you think about it. People have enough worries on their minds without having to listen to their daily fear reports. Whoever it is that controls the minds of the masses is one firm of sick bastards. I feel sorry for old grannies on their own, watching shite like crimewatch, casualty and the news then going off to bed, petrified of some bad thing that is never likely to happen to them. Best to swerve the news i reckon, it's just the same stories repeating themselves over and over.

I'm sitting, on the roof of my house, with a shotgun

and a six pack of beer

The newscaster say's "the enemy is amongst us!"

As bombs explode on the 30 bus

Kill your middle class indecision

Now is not the time for a liberal thought

So I go hunting for witches, I go hunting for witches

Head are going to roll.

I go hunting for..

1990's, optimistic as a teen.

But now its terror, airplanes crash into towers

The Daily Mail says "the enemy is amongst us!"

"Taking our women and taking our jobs"

Reasonable thought is being drowned out

By the non-stop baying, baying for blood.

So I go hunting for witches, I go hunting for witches

Heads are going to roll.

I was an ordinary man with ordinary desires

I watched TV it informed me

I was an ordinary man with ordinary desires

There must be accountability

Disparate and misinformed

Fear keeps us all in place

The Bloc.

The fact that these days we're even talking about the causes of crime and how we can eradicate them is a sign of immense progress in society.

With regards the violence in London though its the age of the victims and perpertrators thats newsworthy, violence has always been present in British society, but if you ask the older generation what their estates were like, while people may have neen injured over a grudge or an arguement gone wrong, I doubt many will tell stories of teenagers stabbing or shooting each other in broad daylight at the drop of a hat over some trivial shit.

Technology means that we are subjected to news of cases the world over in a way that never happened in the 50s. It's also allowed the paedophiles to organise themselves from individualistic pursuit of their hobby to group pursuit. Of course, it also makes them easier to track when they start entering their credit card numbers into websites. It therefore appears more prolific to the average person because that didn't happen in the 50s.

• 13 years later...