You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Horse racing

aws

Guest Francie Brady
5 hours ago, sir roger said:

Apologies , the photo was mentioned in the post as well.

5 hours ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Think he means the bar stuff

Yes was the bar stuff I meant, which I have since seen. Doesn’t paint him in a good light either. When I first seen the picture it left me sick in my stomach and absolutely furious at how it will taint the reputation of all racing people. Hope he gets made an example of now. 

7 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Don’t really get the outrage over this. The horse is dead, the industry is ruthless but all animal based industries are. Next time you have pork spare ribs put the bones together to recreate the size the rib cage and you will realise these animals were only weeks old when they were killed. Pigs are much more intelligent than horses. At least that horse got to run around for a few years. 

You're a good million furlongs from the point there mate 

12 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Don’t really get the outrage over this. The horse is dead, the industry is ruthless but all animal based industries are. Next time you have pork spare ribs put the bones together to recreate the size the rib cage and you will realise these animals were only weeks old when they were killed. Pigs are much more intelligent than horses. At least that horse got to run around for a few years. 

The breakfast thread has just taken on a whole new dimension. 

6 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

We’ll then I’m not sure what the point is. The while animal processing industry is ruthless and cruel. Male chickens are routinely killed at birth (all chicken meat is female so millions are kille every day), pigs are killed at only a few weeks old, lambs at 3 months and cows are kept constantly pregnant for about ten years then killed. The industry is careful to keep the cameras out of the factory farms or abattoirs but I’ve been to a few with work and trust me, that horse had it easy. 

14dc296c578063ac83e4060e04260fe3.gifgiphy.giftenor.gif  

image.png tenor.gif

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Breaking news - The British Horseracing Authority will not allow the Irish trainer Gordon Elliott to race horses in Britain whilst the Irish authorities investigate an image that appeared on social media over the weekend.

Good. Fat headed prick.

32 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Breaking news - The British Horseracing Authority will not allow the Irish trainer Gordon Elliott to race horses in Britain whilst the Irish authorities investigate an image that appeared on social media over the weekend.

They'll pull some scam to get it covered.

29 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Cheveley meant to have took their horse Quixillios gone to Mullins and I think Envoi gone elsewhere 

You'd be a bit fucked off it you had a chunk on ante post and it ends up getting trained by Joe Bloggs.

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What’s Joe Bloggs up to over there at the moment @ZonkoVille77? Is he still living above the butchers in Wicklow Town?

Nah he had to move when the landlord realised he could fit 15 Brazilian meat packers into the 2 bed flat. But he could train a sloth to run a 100m sprint so he'll not be out of work. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Nah he had to move when the landlord realised he could fit 15 Brazilian meat packers into the 2 bed flat. But he could train a sloth to run a 100m sprint so he'll not be out of work. 

That is until he was filmed choke slamming a sloth through a table at the Woman's Institute coffee morning.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

£10 win on Minella Times

5 £1 wins on rank outsiders. 

£1 e/w bets for her and the kids. 

Backed and laid 10 separate horses hoping to hit the extra places. Possible winnings ranging from £25 up to £400. 

As usual I’ll end up with fuck all.

Gone EW on Vieux Lion Rouge, knows the course. 

Also done a 1-2 forecast of Bristol and Acapella.  

Cloth Cap could be great value though. 

51 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

£10 win on Minella Times

5 £1 wins on rank outsiders. 

£1 e/w bets for her and the kids. 

Backed and laid 10 separate horses hoping to hit the extra places. Possible winnings ranging from £25 up to £400. 

As usual I’ll end up with fuck all.

££££