You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Horse racing

aws

25 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If you lay to liability you can only lose your stake,but your winnings are much smaller. You can set software to just take ticks or a percentage though.

Nah. I’m just gonna go for it and risk £50-£70 to win a tenner each time. Playing with fire probably but I’ll pick the races carefully.  Fuck the software. I’ll still be looking for perfect matches to back and lay elsewhere to try and hit FB’s and BOG’s, especially on a Saturday, but I want to take the time out of it all. Sticking to the exchange certainly does that. 

I’ve had a week away from it but I was fiddling around trading on football last night and came out £40 up on small stakes so thought I’d have a crack at horses until I inevitably get burnt. If I can get in and out before the off I will but I’m happy to let some ride if the fav is rightfully at a ridiculously short price. 

6 minutes ago, Fartacus said:

Nah. I’m just gonna go for it and risk £50-£70 to win a tenner each time. Playing with fire probably but I’ll pick the races carefully.  Fuck the software. I’ll still be looking for perfect matches to back and lay elsewhere to try and hit FB’s and BOG’s, especially on a Saturday, but I want to take the time out of it all. Sticking to the exchange certainly does that. 

I’ve had a week away from it but I was fiddling around trading on football last night and came out £40 up on small stakes so thought I’d have a crack at horses until I inevitably get burnt. If I can get in and out before the off I will but I’m happy to let some ride if the fav is rightfully at a ridiculously short price. 

You'll make money from footy if you are wise enough but the horses are a much harder thing to crack. I'd never understimate software especially for the footy.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, got Def Red as well.

I was backing it every week for the National, just £2 ew, 25s 20s then 16s, got me money back before the bookies  closed, hope it wins for you. 

I'll miss the race not being on, loved it since a kid, I was pissed off when it was cancelled because of a bomb scare in the early 90s, would of been 3 days good racing this week, bastard. 

2 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I was backing it every week for the National, just £2 ew, 25s 20s then 16s, got me money back before the bookies  closed, hope it wins for you. 

I'll miss the race not being on, loved it since a kid, I was pissed off when it was cancelled because of a bomb scare in the early 90s, would of been 3 days good racing this week, bastard. 

Yes, mate. I'm missing sport a lot.

Just now, Jairzinho said:

Yes, mate. I'm missing sport a lot.

Same here, mainly the footy and racing. Not being able to look at the league tables in the Sunday paper, don't know about the classics coming up, the Guineas etc, don't hold out much hope for them. Grim it is. 

15 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Hate that Virtual Sports stuff. An absolute mugs game.

In a bookies by the site and me and the young labourer went in, roulette was all he played, when the virtual racing come on I said to him the people behind the counter get the coconuts out for sound effects, he looked round the soft twat. 

Yes it is shit but was told that they, the bookies, take plenty from it. 

I don't get it myself but saying that  virtual anything is shit. 

• 4 months later...

The mate won £600 on his 4 rides that day, the other day he had 1£ Lucky 15 up 7/4, 7/4, 6/1, 40/1 £4600 odd return the lucky twat,  but they don't pay out the 10% bonus over a£1000 the robbing bastards, Paddy Power 

Frankly Mr Shankly has just gone in at 10/1, why didn't do it, twat. 

• 3 months later...