You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa (Aston): Match thread

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Dirk himself pointed out, a lot of people were dubious about Dogpoo's finishing (me especially) and he's proved us all wrong this season. I think Dirk will improve next season - he's someone who will grab hold of a challenge. Still need a natural finsher though.

I think if he's going to do better next year his first touch is going to need a bit of work. Right now I think he would have trouble trapping a bag of wet cement.

What Sunday's game did expose is how much Momo has to improve. His passing is fucking diabolical, in fact I've been trying to think of a Liverpool midfielder with worse passing ability.

I think if he's going to do better next year his first touch is going to need a bit of work. Right now I think he would have trouble trapping a bag of wet cement.

What Sunday's game did expose is how much Momo has to improve. His passing is fucking diabolical, in fact I've been trying to think of a Liverpool midfielder with worse passing ability.

Paul Stewart

To all Dirk fans

No one can fault his commitment to the cause but in a Premiership winning team can anyone tell me exactly where he fits into that team ie would you pick him ahead of Bellamy and Voronin and what happens if we buy Eto and Villa

Voronin?

The mad, mad world of Red Nick.

Have you seen him play?

He is a moody player. Flairy and fast at his best, hiding at his worst. He is a second striker, and not the goal scorer we might want. He has good movement, seeks out on the wings, and likes to keep the ball. He can shoot almost as good with his left foot as with his right. He is a technical player, and well tactically educated. From the players we already got, he is the same type of player as Bellamy. The main differences is that Bellamy is better defensive and works harder, but Voronin is more technical and smarter in his offensive movement.

First time I've seen Kuyt live, and I hope that he had a bad day like many others. I remember reading a quote from Barcelona, about how he never loses a header, but today he looked like he would never win one.

worked hard, but he alone will not answer our final third woes.

Agger was class, and was also impressed by mascherano. He has class in him for sure.

Well I think the confidence and momentum gained by winning some League matches and scoring some goals would be a damn sight more beneficial than going through the motions like we did today. I think we`ll all be in for a shock if we think we can just turn it on like a tap in CL. And 4th place is far from secured, we`re now only 8 pts ahead of the Blueshite with our next match against an Arsenal side who`ve wiped the floor with us 3 times this season. There`s a really possibility that gap will be cut to 5 after the next round of matches. To many fans seem willing to accept mediocrity, I`m not one of them.

We were fuckin crap in the league around then latter stages of the season we won number 5, remember shit performances and weird teams put out against Fulham and the Shite, but we won the cup so playin dodgy lineups in the league isn't a problem, especially with the added assurance we will finish at least fourth this yr...still fuckin boring to watch though.