Jump to content
Remmie

Monarchy

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

Just got a delivery from Tesco.what the fuck is all this about!

 

20220617_163211.jpg

Probably something to do with the ' Would you fuck the queen ? ' thread.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

Just got a delivery from Tesco.what the fuck is all this about!

 

20220617_163211.jpg

Serves you right for buying a bottle of chicken jizz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sir roger said:

Probably something to do with the ' Would you fuck the queen ? ' thread.

Pete’s sex lube.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex will have his revenge...

 

Times running a story tomorrow, which has been verified, that Charles accepted literal suitcases filled with cash from the Qatari's.

 

 

Fuck me, Bozza is taking a run on the king!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

And extra £30m will be taken from the public purse to cover losses on the crowns estates profits during covid.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/uk-pay-27-3-million-151025983.html

 

Amongst several other things that will have you screaming in to the void…

I’m starting to just be numb to it at the moment. One thing after the other and nothing is ever done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I’m starting to just be numb to it at the moment. One thing after the other and nothing is ever done. 

Be the change you want to see. You and a few of the lads steel a sub and nuke the fuckers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Be the change you want to see. You and a few of the lads steel a sub and nuke the fuckers.

Hahaha the dream 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

And extra £30m will be taken from the public purse to cover losses on the crowns estates profits during covid.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/uk-pay-27-3-million-151025983.html

 

Amongst several other things that will have you screaming in to the void…

I saw some passing reference on the BBC website the other day about us having to chip in more.

I guess all those castles won't clean themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Wouldn't we have to pay for the upkeep of Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle etc even if the royals weren't living there?

The Louvre and Versailles seem to do alright for themselves.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The Louvre and Versailles seem to do alright for themselves.

 

Well indeed, and a chunk of the Crown Estate income comes from tourism. I don't see how that is relevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Strontium said:

 

Well indeed, and a chunk of the Crown Estate income comes from tourism. I don't see how that is relevant.

You asked whether we (presumably you meant the taxpayers) would still have to pay for the upkeep of the various palaces. The answer is no: they would generate more than enough to cover their upkeep through tourist spending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You asked whether we (presumably you meant the taxpayers) would still have to pay for the upkeep of the various palaces. The answer is no: they would generate more than enough to cover their upkeep through tourist spending.

 

That's what I'm saying though, this money comes from the Crown Estate, and is generated by such things as tourism already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Strontium said:

 

That's what I'm saying though, this money comes from the Crown Estate, and is generated by such things as tourism already.

So... We agree that the answer to your question is "No"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Strontium said:

Wouldn't we have to pay for the upkeep of Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle etc even if the royals weren't living there?

I've just been looking this up.  The occupied palaces aren't part of the Crown Estates (which is basically a management company for the vast portfolio of land and buildings that we've decided to give to one family, for some reason); they're run by the taxpayer-funded Royal Households (which includes the costs of shit loads of ceremonial hangers-on and people with ridiculous fairytale job titles). The old, unoccupied ones are run by the Historic Royal Palaces agency and are self-funding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've just been looking this up.  The occupied palaces aren't part of the Crown Estates (which is basically a management company for the vast portfolio of land and buildings that we've decided to give to one family that was stolen centuries ago, for some reason); they're run by the taxpayer-funded Royal Households (which includes the costs of shit loads of ceremonial hangers-on and people with ridiculous fairytale job titles). The old, unoccupied ones are run by the Historic Royal Palaces agency and are self-funding.

Fixed

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've just been looking this up.  The occupied palaces aren't part of the Crown Estates (which is basically a management company for the vast portfolio of land and buildings that we've decided to give to one family, for some reason); they're run by the taxpayer-funded Royal Households (which includes the costs of shit loads of ceremonial hangers-on and people with ridiculous fairytale job titles). The old, unoccupied ones are run by the Historic Royal Palaces agency and are self-funding.

 

Some misconceptions here... the Crown Estate is land and property that the royal family gave to us, so they wouldn't be personally liable for the burgeoning costs of running the whole country. In exchange they get 25% of the profit from the Crown Estate (usually 15%, but it's been increased temporarily to pay for the renovation of Buckingham Palace), and this is what pays for the Sovereign Grant, which replaced the Civil List.

 

The point I was making is that even if there was no royal family, we'd still need to pay for the upkeep of those royal properties (which is what the biggest chunk of that grant goes to), presumably from the same source of funding. I mean, you could just leave them to rack and ruin I suppose, but I don't think it would be popular or particularly wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Strontium said:

 

Some misconceptions here... the Crown Estate is land and property that the royal family gave to us, so they wouldn't be personally liable for the burgeoning costs of running the whole country. In exchange they get 25% of the profit from the Crown Estate (usually 15%, but it's been increased temporarily to pay for the renovation of Buckingham Palace), and this is what pays for the Sovereign Grant, which replaced the Civil List.

 

The point I was making is that even if there was no royal family, we'd still need to pay for the upkeep of those royal properties (which is what the biggest chunk of that grant goes to), presumably from the same source of funding. I mean, you could just leave them to rack and ruin I suppose, but I don't think it would be popular or particularly wise.

Leave them to go to rack and ruin like Versailles or the Louvre? Or Hampton Court? Or the Tower of London?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×