You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

5 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

This has appeared on a grass verge in the village I live in.

Not sure it’s a pro or anti  statement about the monarchy.

0F27ACDF-13D5-43F0-9315-9BD06A52D039.jpeg

Fucking hell, she's omnipresent. This is her down our lane earlier.

20220605_125131.jpg

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, A Red said:

Fucking hell, she's omnipresent. This is her down our lane earlier.

20220605_125131.jpg

I’m beginning to think these mobility issues are but an excuse to get out of waving at people at dull celebratory events so she can put her feet up and watch the racing instead. 

She can clearly get about when she wants to. 

• Upvote 2

I see a couple of people reacted thumbs up to my post about republic.org. Does that mean you are members? Are they any good? Do you feel like you are getting anywhere activism wise?

The reason I ask these kinds of questions is I'm terrible at activism. I don't know how to do it effectively at all. 

49 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I see a couple of people reacted thumbs up to my post about republic.org. Does that mean you are members? Are they any good? Do you feel like you are getting anywhere activism wise?

The reason I ask these kinds of questions is I'm terrible at activism. I don't know how to do it effectively at all. 

I'm more of a subscriber than a member: I pay membership so other people can do all the research and publicity. I don't have to actually do anything to assuage that impotent rage and frustration the veneration of this anachronistic obscenity.

I'm an inactivist.

https://www.republic.org.uk/get_involved

• Upvote 2

That little prince great grandson lord Fauntleroy looks like one of the kids from the village of the damned. 

The Queen could end child poverty in this country with her money and assets, but she's just a leech like them rest of them. 

Get rid of them. Get rid of the lot. Sling them out the palace. 

4 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm more of a subscriber than a member: I pay membership so other people can do all the research and publicity. I don't have to actually do anything to assuage that impotent rage and frustration the veneration of this anachronistic obscenity.

I'm an inactivist.

https://www.republic.org.uk/get_involved

Similar only I buy tee shirts and books as well.

Unfortunately most of their events seems to be London based. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, johnsusername said:

A large proportion of the people of England are really fucking weird. A country and people with a lot of emotional and psychological baggage. 

In many ways we haven't progressed since serfdom. 

Look at politics. A Huge chunk of the population thinks just because someone went to Eton and can speak a bit of Latin, he is a born leader. 

The fawning of the royals is just surreal.All that bowing and scraping, just through an accident of Birth. 

I caught a bit on the news before and it was like something you would see in North Korea.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I know a few people on here have been in the armed forces but what is the general attitude towards the monarchy in the armed forces and does this change once you leave?

I have a family member who mentions at every opportunity that he was in the army and everyone who wasn't in the army is a clueless dickhead. He also has a major hard on for the Royal family.

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

I know a few people on here have been in the armed forces but what is the general attitude towards the monarchy in the armed forces and does this change once you leave?

I have a family member who mentions at every opportunity that he was in the army and everyone who wasn't in the army is a clueless dickhead. He also has a major hard on for the Royal family.

Can’t remember many being that arsed. In the Navy anyway. I don’t think many join for Queen and country. To quote an ex special forces fella “I’m not prepared to die for anybody, but I’m prepared to risk my life for it” 

I think the army get it rammed down their throats a lot more (weyyyyy) although I find the help for heroes t-shirt wearing brigade who have never served a day are the real flag shaggers. Dying to be part of something. 

17 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’m beginning to think these mobility issues are but an excuse to get out of waving at people at dull celebratory events so she can put her feet up and watch the racing instead. 

She can clearly get about when she wants to. 

Yep, she can move around as much as she wants safe in the knowledge they'd never take her PIP award away from her.

• Upvote 1