You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

Just now, Nelly-Matip said:

The lighting and staging has been impressive. And Bocelli and Alicia Keys were very good. The rest were pretty average. Felt a bit sorry for Rod Stewart. He was particularly bad.  

Yep, thought the Diversity show was decent and all. 

8 hours ago, Strontium said:

Why expose yourself to it then? I've barely seen a picosecond of the coverage because I choose not to. It's pretty easy to avoid if, like me, you don't give a shit about any of it.

I think some people just like to get triggered by Union Jacks. Really odd behaviour.

I've genuinley stayed away from it but was in the gym before and they had the BBC news channel on and and 10 to 5 they were reporting live from somewhere so I'm guessing they have had 3 days of almost wall to wall coverage.

I'm just glad I live in a part of a country that doesn't seem particularly arsed about it.

2 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Just seen Craig David was singing at the Platinum Jubilee concert. 

It must’ve took a lot of persuading to get him to perform as surely everyone knows that Saturdays are one of his designated “making love” days?

I bet it wer proper Bo. 

• Upvote 3

Fully 7292 km (1594915310586.18 cubits) from Buckingham Palace and some of mine are watching parts of it.

For much the same reasons as skaro pointed out.

She is, for some, "a symbol of continuity in an era of rapid and unsettling change".

Fuck knows what they'll be once she goes.

I just don't see a hook for them to hang their hat on in the modern world.

Maybe a TV reality show?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/may/15/lgbt-campaigner-peter-tatchell-refuses-jubilee-invitation-to-be-declared-national-treasure

In an interview with the Guardian, Tatchell said the pageant was “propaganda for the anti-democratic system of an unelected and unaccountable head of state

He said he also objected to the royal family because of the way future monarchs are chosen, with “the first-born of the all-white Windsor family” ascending to the throne. “For the foreseeable future no black or brown Briton, no matter how worthy, can be made head of state,” he said

7 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/may/15/lgbt-campaigner-peter-tatchell-refuses-jubilee-invitation-to-be-declared-national-treasure

In an interview with the Guardian, Tatchell said the pageant was “propaganda for the anti-democratic system of an unelected and unaccountable head of state

He said he also objected to the royal family because of the way future monarchs are chosen, with “the first-born of the all-white Windsor family” ascending to the throne. “For the foreseeable future no black or brown Briton, no matter how worthy, can be made head of state,” he said

To be fair Peter Tatchell is a loathesome shitbag