You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

26 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

The more I hear of all this, the more I wish Kenny had told them where to shove their fucking knighthood.

Yeah, but he didn't.

People have their reasons.

My 78-year-old Mum arrived in Australia in 1954, as a 10 year old displaced person from the war in Europe, with her parents.

Her Dad was a doctor, her mother illiterate.

Mum's Dad died within 12 months of their arrival here.

Mum said, in this weird place Australia, the Queen was her symbol of solidity, hope and reassurance - not the Royal House of Windsor, or its history of poncey Germanic in-bredery, or any of that shit - but Queen Elizabeth.  A young bird - not a flatulent, syphilitic old fart like Henry VIII or a bloated old cunt like Edward VII, or any of these nonces now.

Liz meant something to my Mum, and it helped her and her Mum feel like they belonged somewhere and were looked after, and that there was a bit of recognisable support and "leadership".

They were different days back then, of course, but I kind of get what my Mum says.

So, yeah of course, abolish the monarchy etc etc... but some people have their reasons for nostalgia and fondness.

And not all of those people are cunts. King Kenny ain't and nor's my Mum.

And the queen ain't Margaret Thatcher either.  In fact, I'm pretty confident the queen wouldn't have liked her.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That's from 10 years ago, isn't it?

Didn't they also negotiate an exemption from the Equalities Act, so they didn't have to hire "coloureds" at the palace?

Is it? Even so they are a bunch of cunts

2 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

Yeah, but he didn't.

People have their reasons.

My 78-year-old Mum arrived in Australia in 1954, as a 10 year old displaced person from the war in Europe, with her parents.

Her Dad was a doctor, her mother illiterate.

Mum's Dad died within 12 months of their arrival here.

Mum said, in this weird place Australia, the Queen was her symbol of solidity, hope and reassurance - not the Royal House of Windsor, or its history of poncey Germanic in-bredery, or any of that shit - but Queen Elizabeth.  A young bird - not a flatulent, syphilitic old fart like Henry VIII or a bloated old cunt like Edward VII, or any of these nonces now.

Liz meant something to my Mum, and it helped her and her Mum feel like they belonged somewhere and were looked after, and that there was a bit of recognisable support and "leadership".

They were different days back then, of course, but I kind of get what my Mum says.

So, yeah of course, abolish the monarchy etc etc... but some people have their reasons for nostalgia and fondness.

And not all of those people are cunts. King Kenny ain't and nor's my Mum.

And the queen ain't Margaret Thatcher either.  In fact, I'm pretty confident the queen wouldn't have liked her.

Fair points mate but I still can't stand that fucking shower, nor why the is any need for such an outdated, anachronistic 'institution'.

• Like 1

Just now, manwiththestick said:

I have just seen someone who is having a street party tomorrow sharing a picture of setting it up with neighbours with the words "almost ready for our Platty Joobs celebrations"

I'm not a violent man but that tested me, I'll be honest.

Someone in work said that to me. It took me a couple of attempts at understanding what they meant. Where has it come from?

12 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I have just seen someone who is having a street party tomorrow sharing a picture of setting it up with neighbours with the words "almost ready for our Platty Joobs celebrations"

I'm not a violent man but that tested me, I'll be honest.

1UewNwx.gif