You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

20 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I've no respect for the Queen - she's a multi multi millionaire with (apparently) over a £billion in assets. Think of all the children in this country (never mind the 'Commonwealth') she could feed and educate. For me, she's part of the problem.

I said it in another thread, but once the Queen dies the Royal Family are up shit creek - people generally like the Queen, I'm not sure as many people like the others. Those Daily Mail/Telegraph readers will be foaming at the mouth if Camilla gets anywhere near the throne. I reckon it'll go to shit within a couple of years. 

Can't see it.

Look at the nationwide  outpouring of bootlicking when the last couple of parasites got married(William and kate?)

Charles will be passed over and I'll bet any more they have got the best pr company money to buy to boost their popularity. 

We are a nation of serfs..that's why we have never had a revolution. 

3 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

The Plough is a decent pub, the unmentionable team i used to play for was sponsored by the Black Swan (also in Easton). Had many a lock in in there. 

I lived near Soundwell College for a short while in the distant past. I enjoyed Bristol, still pop over when I can.

12 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I lived near Soundwell College for a short while in the distant past. I enjoyed Bristol, still pop over when I can.

Some decent real ale pubs around Fishponds area now. Used to be a shithole but house prices have gone crazy there. 

Easton is a great night out, after hours everywhere, really multicultural relaxed atmosphere and they have a boss MP, Thangam Debbonaire. 

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

Some decent real ale pubs around Fishponds area now. Used to be a shithole but house prices have gone crazy there. 

Easton is a great night out, after hours everywhere, really multicultural relaxed atmosphere and they have a boss MP, Thangam Debbonaire. 

I thought Debbonaire was unpopular and the greens had a chance of ousting her at the next election? I might be wrong.

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I thought Debbonaire was unpopular and the greens had a chance of ousting her at the next election? I might be wrong.

From memory she increased her majority but the Greens came second. 

The Greens now have a seat for that ward on the council though. 

13 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

Bunting all over the fucking place around here, makes me sick to the stomach. I'm gonna go out in the middle of the night this week with a large pair of scissors. Unless of course I fall asleep.

Thankfully , I have yet to see any on the good old Iom.

13 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

Bunting all over the fucking place around here, makes me sick to the stomach. I'm gonna go out in the middle of the night this week with a large pair of scissors. Unless of course I fall asleep.

I've seen it in one side-street round here. There was much more red bunting last week.