You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

According to Facebook, last week was the 50th anniversary of Brenda and her racist cunt husband officially opening the Shoppo and the Busway in Runcorn. The Busway ran behind our house, so 6 year-old me went to the bottom of the garden to watch them go by.

That's still the furthest I would ever go for any of them.

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Interesting that she's binned off the Queen's speech. I reckon she's seen her arse over Johnson having a party the night before Phil was buried. 

I imagine she'd be even more pissed that if she carks it whilst he's still PM, it will be him that addresses the country.

Imagine that, all these years of reign only to have that dickhead leading the obituaries and tributes.

10 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

According to Facebook, last week was the 50th anniversary of Brenda and her racist cunt husband officially opening the Shoppo and the Busway in Runcorn. The Busway ran behind our house, so 6 year-old me went to the bottom of the garden to watch them go by.

That's still the furthest I would ever go for any of them.

Well well I'd have never marked you down as a raging royalist Angry.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If I remember rightly, I might even have had a small plastic flag to wave.

How the other half live. When the Queen visited Plessey on Edge Lane opposite our school, we had to make our own flags out of paper.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Strontium said:

How the other half live. When the Queen visited Plessey on Edge Lane opposite our school, we had to make our own flags out of paper.

When I was six they scooped us up and made us stand by the Ford's road freezing our balls off for who knew what. About an hour later Charles and Diana drove past in different cars, both looked utterly baffled. I was like 'was that it?'. Then I went home and watched Robin the Hooded Man and fell asleep on the couch. 

But my expectations of these fucks was set very low from an early age.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

When I was six they scooped us up and made us stand by the Ford's road freezing our balls off for who knew what. About an hour later Charles and Diana drove past in different cars, both looked utterly baffled. I was like 'was that it?'. Then I went home and watched Robin the Hooded Man and fell asleep on the couch. 

But my expectations of these fucks was set very low from an early age.

I think I was 8. I swear the Queen looked right at me as she went past. She was smiling but even back then I thought it must be fucking horrible way to live. All that money but you're spending your afternoons walking around a factory and waving at people through a car window. Miserable.

• Upvote 2

We used to go sailing in school and got a visit from that bald bastard that used to go to Wimbledon, the Duke of something. We all had to stand in a line to speak to him and he moved slowly along the line speaking to everyone...except me. When he got to me we just eyeballed each other like this. He walked past and started speaking to the next one. 

96482_0_meta_ver1567608406.jpg

• Upvote 2

The only one I've ever met was Princess Alexandre who was Colonel in chief of my Brother in laws regiment when there was an annual parade in late 1984.

I'm no royalist, I think the monarchy should be abolished and always have, but at the reception in the mess hall she stopped to talk to me.

In all honesty she was quite charming and spoke to me for a few minutes, idle chit chat mainly but she did show an interest because my Mrs was up the duff.

As she was ushered on she wished me luck and said it was lovely to meet me. My reply was aye, and you Queen.

Frowns from her entourage but a smile and a quick glance upward from her

Etiquette lads, etiquette.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

We used to go sailing in school and got a visit from that bald bastard that used to go to Wimbledon, the Duke of something. We all had to stand in a line to speak to him and he moved slowly along the line speaking to everyone...except me. When he got to me we just eyeballed each other like this. He walked past and started speaking to the next one. 

96482_0_meta_ver1567608406.jpg

Which one are you meant to be in that picture...?