You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

25 minutes ago, clangers said:

On such an important issue you might want those leading a conversation with the wider public to have at least the slightest bit of credibility otherwise everyone will correctly reach the conclusion of one rule for the rich etc. Their excessive and hypocritical behaviour becomes the story and everyone tunes out. We just need Harry to tell us we're all evil for flying immediately after his next trip to play polo via private jet.

This really isn't an issue where the super rich and famous who show no signs of moderating their own behaviour can help. The elite generate massive carbon footprints and the behaviour of the 1% alone could well prevent us from hitting 1.5 degree limit.

They might as well get Bono in to front this all up.

The issue is 100 percent always going to be full of hypocrisy. To make man made climate change a front page issue it needs front page people, it's shit but that's how it is. Eventually hopefully the talk becomes action more and more. I'd love the ideal option of suddenly everybody with a platform does things the right way and sets the example its just not going to happen yet. Anyway fuck the monarchy I'll be fucked if I'm going to spend another second defending their actions even if its just a byproduct of my opinion.

As something of a republican myself, it's always a welcome surprise to see anyone remotely famous, never mind commentators on the right like Peter Hitchens, calling for the abolition of the monarchy - albeit this particular monarchy, not the monarchy as an institution. Hmm.

His reasoning, as you might expect, is absolute bollocks. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10172943/PETER-HITCHENS-Green-Queen-just-terrible-mistake-taking-politics.html

13 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

As something of a republican myself, it's always a welcome surprise to see anyone remotely famous, never mind commentators on the right like Peter Hitchens, calling for the abolition of the monarchy - albeit this particular monarchy, not the monarchy as an institution. Hmm.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10172943/PETER-HITCHENS-Green-Queen-just-terrible-mistake-taking-politics.html

That’s his ego not being able to cope with the Queen having the polar opposite view to him. He’s a grifting cunt 

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That’s his ego not being able to cope with the Queen having the polar opposite view to him. He’s a grifting cunt 

Yep, but all the same it'd be a hilarious irony if, after decades of futile pushing from the left, the monarchy finally fell due to attacks from their traditional supporters because they became associated with 'woke' issues like human rights and the environment.

I wonder if the left would start supporting them...

4 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Yep, but all the same it'd be a hilarious irony if, after decades of futile pushing from the left, the monarchy finally fell due to attacks from their traditional supporters because they became associated with 'woke' issues like human rights and the environment.

I wonder if the left would start supporting them...

It's always been "the left" pushing the issue but now some of their beloveds are starting to wake up to the reality it's leaving their heads frazzled. 

2 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Was prince phillip an expert in science?

He kept that quiet.

As someone said on here, clearly their pr machine has swung into action, hoping that they can grab hold of some support from younger people,by embracing green polices, despite living in fuck off castles etc.

Prince Harry has claimed he predicted the January 6 US Capitol riot but that he was ignored by Twitter boss Jack Dorsey.

“Jack and I were emailing each other prior to January 6 and I warned him that his platform was allowing a coup to be staged,” Harry told host Steven Levy on Tuesday.

Bullshit  Y/N?

• 2 weeks later...

She’s lost Barbados. Sack her.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/events/1465235668158713859

Barbados set to remove Queen Elizabeth II as head of state

Barbados, a former British colony, will transition from a Realm to a Republic from midnight on Monday, November 30. It marks the first time British ties will be cut with the Caribbean island since 1625 when the first English ship arrived there. The Queen will be replaced by Governor-General Sandra Mason who was elected president.

10 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Not to be agreeing with that's such as the 3 quoted above, but who gives a fuck what Prince Harry Hewitt thinks or does?

The Tory party because they know that a fair section of this countries population are more obsessed with him and Meghan Markle that whenever they are under the spotlight, the likes of the daily mail can wheel out the hate wagon and deflect. Of course the likes of wooton etc care what he says because it keeps them in a job. 

I mean, it's not like wooton doesn't know the impact of someone making a rash decision whilst suffering from poor mental health..... 

• 3 weeks later...