Quantcast
Monarchy - Page 47 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Remmie

Monarchy

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

The Sovereign Grant is quarter of the profits from the Crown Estate. The rest goes into the Treasury.

So they're self sufficient  ?

3 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

So they're self sufficient  ?

In a manner of speaking. The royal family gave control of the Crown Estate to the state, so they wouldn't be liable for the entire cost of government, in exchange for a proportion of the income from it.

I dare say if you abolished the royal family, you could keep more than 75% of the profits, although you would still need to pay for upkeep on things like Buckingham Palace, Frogmore Cottage etc, unless you sold them off.

Just turn Buckingham Palace into an old folks home, plenty of room. Loads of old rich fuckers would pay a fortune to reside there simply due to the prestige. Could do the same with all their property, smaller ones just sold off to rich fuckers to live in, once again purely down to the prestige of it all. 

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Just turn Buckingham Palace into an old folks home, plenty of room. Loads of old rich fuckers would pay a fortune to reside there simply due to the prestige. Could do the same with all their property, smaller ones just sold off to rich fuckers to live in, once again purely down to the prestige of it all. 

Liz can push round the tea trolley and the Greek could be the bingo caller. 

• Upvote 1

Piers Morgan is obsessed. You can’t look at Twitter without this cunt is banging on about them in a negative way. His fucking wife was writing against them in the Telegraph today, and now the stupid cunt is writing about them in the Mail, the most racist fucking paper on the planet. And he doesn’t see the irony.

I’m not remotely arsed about Haz and Meg, but I’d pay to see somebody slap Morgan good and hard.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Piers Morgan is obsessed. You can’t look at Twitter without this cunt is banging on about them in a negative way. His fucking wife was writing against them in the Telegraph today, and now the stupid cunt is writing about them in the Mail, the most racist fucking paper on the planet. And he doesn’t see the irony.

I’m not remotely arsed about Haz and Meg, but I’d pay to see somebody slap Morgan good and hard.

If she was Jewish it would be anti-Semitic.

Wait -- is she Jewish??

14 hours ago, Anubis said:

Of course, this will have nothing whatsoever to do with MM suing the mail for publishing that letter she wrote to her father. 

Aren't they both members of the itty, bitty, titty committee? I'm prepared to be corrected on this.

I'd still bum them with Stig's though as I'm generous like that.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So they are losing the HRH, paying back £2.4m.  I wonder what people willl moan at them for now?  

Fair play to him. Might as well just come out and admit he's not a saxe coburg.

20 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So they are losing the HRH, paying back £2.4m.  I wonder what people willl moan at them for now?  

Never thought the day would come when I'd be rooting for members of the Royal Family but the fact they've pissed off the media , Piers Morgan the Daily Mail racist knuckle draggers and so many right-wing arseholes is a joy to behold .

Go Harry and Meghan ...

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Never thought the day would come when I'd be rooting for members of the Royal Family but the fact they've pissed off the media , Piers Morgan the Daily Mail racist knuckle draggers and so many right-wing arseholes is a joy to behold .

Go Harry and Meghan ...

100% agreed. For my sins, I read the comments on the Daily Mail from their readers and the level of hate Meghan gets from them is unreal. It would be absolutely foolish to disregard the racial element involved, considering the totally unwarranted abuse she gets from these morons.

5 hours ago, Baltar said:

100% agreed. For my sins, I read the comments on the Daily Mail from their readers and the level of hate Meghan gets from them is unreal. It would be absolutely foolish to disregard the racial element involved, considering the totally unwarranted abuse she gets from these morons.

Aye. People who accuse Meghan Markle of destroying the royal family but don’t give two shits about HRH the Noncefriender General’s attempts at the same. 

She seems to be stuck in Piers Morgan’s spleen like, so that’ll do for me. Couldn't really give a fuck what they do now but they’ll gain much respect from my end if they sue the stalking, phonetapping, saggy-titted backwards cunt for every penny he’s got and post a mound of ex-HRH shit through his letterbox before they go.