You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

Remember someone telling a story once about how she leaned over a candle at a dinner party and her sleeve caught fire without her noticing, Margaret said to the Queen (or vice versa, can't remember) 'look mummy's on fire'. And they both started laughing. Remember thinking what an absolutely batshit mental bunch they are.

The only time you see the Queen happy is when she's around horses, I think she hates everyone else including her own kids.

Correct, it's the only time she actually smiles.

Will be interesting to see if any debate is allowed once she finally kicks the bucket, the wiki article below doesn't really expand on that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_London_Bridge

The only time you see the Queen happy is when she's around horses, I think she hates everyone else including her own kids.

Horses and corgis.

I reckon she prefers the company of animals because they're the only ones who treat her like an ordinary human being. Animals have no concept of royalty. The Queen is just another person to them. It's well known that she insists on doing the washing up whenever feasible, probably for the same reason - to feel normal. When you occupy such an extraordinary, exalted position, getting to feel normal is a luxury.

Horses and corgis.

I reckon she prefers the company of animals because they're the only ones who treat her like an ordinary human being. Animals have no concept of royalty. The Queen is just another person to them. It's well known that she insists on doing the washing up whenever feasible, probably for the same reason - to feel normal. When you occupy such an extraordinary, exalted position, getting to feel normal is a luxury.

Well she's the one that imposes all these daft rules and etiquette when a person is in her presence. If you want to be treated as a normal person stop forcing people to treat you like a queen.

Well she's the one that imposes all these daft rules and etiquette when a person is in her presence. If you want to be treated as a normal person stop forcing people to treat you like a queen.

Pretty sure royal protocols pre-date the Queen by many centuries. You make it sound like she invented them on a whim.

Pretty sure royal protocols pre-date the Queen by many centuries. You make it sound like she invented them on a whim.

Well if she's unhappy with the protocols then she has the power to change them.

We live in a different time, some of the rules are ridiculously antiquated and need updating.

We live in a different time, some of the rules are ridiculously antiquated and need updating.

The royals hide behind tradition the way US politicians hide behind the Constitution.

The royals certainly do not have the power to arbitrarily alter the rules. If you recall we fought a civil war in this country to establish that very principle.

The royals certainly do not have the power to arbitrarily alter the rules. If you recall we fought a civil war in this country to establish that very principle.

I'm not talking about changes in the law, but changes in the etiquette of how people act towards the queen. The point made earlier was that she might be fed up of being treated the way she does, and might desire some normality occasionally, she is the only person with the power to change that.

Look at the current king of the Netherlands, he was well known for always being seen out partying around Amsterdam and the like, he earned the name Prince pils. He managed to have normality and I doubt he tells girls what tights to wear.

Getting Diana to curtsy to her at Sandringham Christmas parties surely wasn't enshrined in the post-Civil War "Versailles Treaty" was it?  Nor, going further back, in the Magna Carta?  Nor the post-Hastings des rigueurs?

Diana hated it apparently, the Roundhead.

I saw her in that suits as the Mrs was watching it (it was actually quite funny) and can cofirm that she's stunning in it, amazing figure. Still prefer Middleton's boat but she's got a bit of an ironing board thing going on which I'm not happy about.

Her and Middleton getting pissed and eating carpet might be worth the entry price.

• Upvote 1

Personally I don't really give a shit whether the Queen or her massive are sound or not. It's what they stand for and the fact we keep on giving the family tax payers cash that cunts me in the bastard.

When royalists come out with all this shite about the "billions" they supposedly bring in via tourism I'm left wondering where the fuck they are getting this information (has anyone ever met a royalty following tourist?). Admittedly I can't be arsed researching it myself, but even if it's true, who are these cunts spending a fortune to not even get to see one of these lizards in the flesh?

Then there are the fucking well wishing thundercunts that actually want to give an incredibly wealthy family a wedding present for a wedding they aren't even invited to. In fact their own money is already being spent security on keeping fellow riff raff out. Servile arselickers.

Not really sure where I'm going with this rant but I think I'm right.

• Upvote 4

Personally I don't really give a shit whether the Queen or her massive are sound or not. It's what they stand for and the fact we keep on giving the family tax payers cash that cunts me in the bastard.

When royalists come out with all this shite about the "billions" they supposedly bring in via tourism I'm left wondering where the fuck they are getting this information (has anyone ever met a royalty following tourist?). Admittedly I can't be arsed researching it myself, but even if it's true, who are these cunts spending a fortune to not even get to see one of these lizards in the flesh?

Then there are the fucking well wishing thundercunts that actually want to give an incredibly wealthy family a wedding present for a wedding they aren't even invited to. In fact their own money is already being spent security on keeping fellow riff raff out. Servile arselickers.

Not really sure where I'm going with this rant but I think I'm right.

I don't give a shit how much money they apparently bring in, it's ridiculous how we keep getting told that everyone is equal, every life has the same value. Yet we have a family that are on a pedestal for doing nothing except being born. And not only that, we pay them hundreds of millions for doing it.

Let's sell our values for some cunty family just to make a few extra quid.

Somebody posted this on Facebook with a picture of Harry looking glum eating army rations.

"He sacrificed his 6 star cuisine dinners in Balmoral castle for a cold bag of chicken biriyani in the middle of the desert and had Al Queda KNOWN he was there at the time he would have became the biggest most vulnerable target to have ever set foot in Afghanistan. And that takes balls. So please... Take ma tax bigman. Glad you had a good wedding youve earned it tenfold as much as the unemployed bums that complain about ye on facebook. Id rather pay for your sherries allnight long then have to pay for another one eh Kelly Annes cockeyed wains to get his tonsills removed."

There's tons of other people who served in the army, doing exactly the same, or tougher. Where is their multi million pound weddings? c2b9199cf783ec361544403e75370c7b.jpg

I don't think Harry was ever in much danger to be fair, he was a gunner in an Apache and used to go around shooting fellas on horses, he was basically a ginger version of the baddie from Rambo 3. He also famously compared it to 'playing on the X Box'. 

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/prince-harry-criticized-for-comparing-afghanistan-to-video-game-a-879055.html

But it is like playing Xbox. No issue with him talking like a squadie. The system should be the focus of attention. The rest is a result of it. Most objections in this thread are with a bit daft or just an obvious result of having the system we have.

Change the system. https://www.republic.org.uk