You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

I like the Monarchy, know i am in a very small minority on here, but think they are all good, how can anyone not like Phil the Greek, he is like your Grandad, saying things he shouldnt, dont agree with what he says i hasten to add, but he makes me laugh. Only one i never had time for was Diana so thank fuck she gone, Englands rose my Arse!

Support the monarchy or not but how the hell a bunch of imposters have got away with being king or queen of this country for so long. without being from the original bloodline is pretty staggering.

If that fucking loop ball Charles ever becomes king then this royal family crap needs stopping.

I find it hard to believe that there are still elites of society that are walking around in robes and crowns idolised by millions. They are your rulers. The Queen is an unelected head of state. The monarchy will fall hard one day. Once people wake up and realise they are being fucked by these inbred imposters.

May I just say that the majority of replies on this subject has restored my faith in the integrity of the forum.Intelligent people who have not bought into the bullshit.

Restored your faith? A turn of phrase or had you been let down in some way by views expressed in another thread(s)?

I like the Monarchy' date=' know i am in a very small minority on here, but think they are all good, how can anyone not like Phil the Greek, he is like your Grandad, saying things he shouldnt, dont agree with what he says i hasten to add, but he makes me laugh. Only one i never had time for was Diana so thank fuck she gone, Englands rose my Arse![/quote']

Oh yeah, they are the British version of the Simpsons. Not sure Homer and Bart own half of their country, which was seized by slaughtering peasants and lowly farmers, and cost the public an absolute fortune to ferry round the world in luxury and protect but there you go.

As for good old Phil The Greek, if you pretend to dislike shaven headed NF or BNP skinheads using words like P*ki and N****r then you are a hypocrite for endorsing this racist bastards ramblings and references to 'slanty eyes' and so on.

Absolute cunts the lot of them and far more devious than the public are ever led to believe.

Not a big fan but they are actually pretty cheap compared to a president

Also' date=' don't forget that the stuff they have, including the Crown Estate from which we take a shit-load of cash but don't actually own due to a strange law from years ago, technically belongs to them. So if you get rid, you either lose that stuff and the income or legitimise a govt that can confiscate property for no real reason which tends to be a dangerous precedent

Plus, have a quick look at Hungary for the reality of a figure-head President. A government who are completely taking the piss and moving towards to Putin-style govt with no opposition or legitimate check on them - it may not seem realistic to you but the a crown does make a degree of difference[/quote']

Absolute bollocks. 'Pretty Cheap'!!! Over £200 million per year (admitted by Charles secretary), £36 million per year (20% increase from last year) just for Buckingham Palace. Windsor House has less visitors than Lego Windsor. And don't get me started on the Duchy of Cornwall - Charles 'owns' , tax free, £800m estate given to him and please don't die in Cornwall without leaving a will as Charles gets your money. Corrupt, parasitic cunts.

I'm going to have to pay for a membership so I can rep most on this thread.

I've said it before but I'm an American. I'm not really a fan of the whole "President" idea, at least not in my lifetime (No problems with Washington, Jefferson, Jackson, etc.) , but a monarchy based on heritage and I'm supposed to pay for it in part?! fuck that.

To be honest I'm really not a fan of Government and/or rulers as a whole minus Police (so long as the don't overstep their boundaries, which they often do) and Fire services.

• 6 months later...

Prince's letters secrecy 'unlawful'

The attorney general's refusal to let the public see letters the Prince of Wales wrote to UK ministers has been ruled unlawful.

Guardian journalist Rob Evans had challenged Dominic Grieve's decision to veto a High Court tribunal ruling in favour of allowing their publication.

Mr Grieve argued that releasing the letters would undermine the principle of the heir being politically neutral.

The attorney general's refusal to let the public see letters the Prince of Wales wrote to UK ministers has been ruled unlawful by the Court of Appeal.

Guardian journalist Rob Evans had challenged Dominic Grieve's decision to veto a High Court tribunal ruling in favour of allowing their publication.

Mr Grieve argued that releasing the letters would undermine the principle of the heir being politically neutral. He was granted permission to appeal the latest ruling to the Supreme Court.

Mr Grieve had said the departments were legally entitled to refuse disclosure because the correspondence was part of the prince's "preparation for becoming king".

But Mr Evans said he had acted unlawfully in blocking publication by issuing a certificate under section 53 of the Freedom of Information Act.

On Wednesday, the Court of Appeal ruled that the certificate should be quashed because Mr Grieve had "no good reason" for overriding the decision of the tribunal and he had acted in a way which was incompatible with European law.

Responding to their verdict, a spokesman for Mr Grieve said: "We are very disappointed by the decision of the court.

"We will be pursuing an appeal to the Supreme Court in order to protect the important principles which are at stake in this case."

Here's an interesting idea, stay the fuck out of politics and remain nuetral you prick.

• Upvote 1

I used to not mind the monarchy. Now thinking on it its a fucking ridiculous concept it belongs in the past as does the idea of lords and barons and all that shite. Knock it on the head take ownership of the lands and properties and business interests. Leave them enough so they are still wealthy but not too much.

I'm no royalist but there is no way they should make these letters public.  He has as much right as anyone for his correspondence between him and MPs, ministers, or whoever, to be kept private.  

If he's not a member of the royal family he does.

He is, so tough fucking shit.

And I'm sure his letters have fuck all to do with him having difficulties with his council tax, rent arrears, schools etc like most people who write to their MP.

There is only one reason he's been writing those letters and that is to try and influence policy. If he wants people to think of him as being politically neutral there's a very simple way to achieve that. Stay the fuck out of politics.

We have far too many white, rich, privately educated, middle aged men with no experience of the real world in politics already. We certainly don't need some twat who's not even been elected trying to influence decision making behind closed doors.

• Upvote 2

And that's some amount of influence. Nah, much as he has a right (not even sure about that) to a certain amount of privacy in his private life he should have no special privileges in this regard. In fact, the opposite; his use of his influence should be obliged to be made public to demonstrate his neutrality.

The more I think about the Monarchy the more nonsensical (being kind here) it becomes to me

• Upvote 1

I used to not mind the monarchy. Now thinking on it its a fucking ridiculous concept it belongs in the past as does the idea of lords and barons and all that shite. Knock it on the head take ownership of the lands and properties and business interests. Leave them enough so they are still wealthy but not too much.

Or alternatively do what the Bolsheviks did .