You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

18 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

We had American relatives over in the early 90s. My mum and dad drove them up to Chester on the way there they drove past Charles. He waved they waved. Some coincidence they probably went back to the US thinking this was a common occurence

BDNgy42vHBI

10 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Weekend at Bernie's until we get our Bank Holiday next month. After that we can tag her and bag her.

Dreading it, all the whinging and wailing, sporting events cancelled, wall to wall coverage for fucking months, God help us.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Dreading it, all the whinging and wailing, sporting events cancelled, wall to wall coverage for fucking months, God help us.

But once jug-ears is in the big chair, I reckon a lot of people are going to realise that monarchy is actually a bit shit.

12 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Won't be worth buying a newspaper for weeks when she pops off,there will be nowt newsworthy in them, and there is very little newsworthy in them now.

Remember my brother graduation at Lancaster, I was about 9 or 10 and had been given his SLR and nice lens to take pics while he was busy and to keep myself entertained. The chancellor (princess Alexander?) saw small girl with big camera and asked for me to be brought over and introduced...I declined! Even as a kid I am not sure I ever agreed with monarchy as a principle.

• Upvote 1

They've got a shindig going on in the centre of our village on June 3rd. I'm only going cos my favourite nurse should be there (she hates the royals too). I shall take pics to put on here so you can all see how fucking stupid they look.

When Brenda pegs it I'm gonna organise a much bigger bash!

2 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

They've got a shindig going on in the centre of our village on June 3rd. I'm only going cos my favourite nurse should be there (she hates the royals too). I shall take pics to put on here so you can all see how fucking stupid they look.

When Brenda pegs it I'm gonna organise a much bigger bash!

My missus and I have been asked - by a street party we've already said yes to - to sing some tunes to commemorate the day.  The party is actually been arranged by a lovely old man and his wife, and most of the people would be will be  even older than me.  Impossible to say no to.  My missus is planning to do the Fields of Athenry and I'll be looking at doing similarly subversive material.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, stringvest said:

My missus and I have been asked - by a street party we've already said yes to - to sing some tunes to commemorate the day.  The party is actually been arranged by a lovely old man and his wife, and most of the people would be will be  even older than me.  Impossible to say no to.  My missus is planning to do the Fields of Athenry and I'll be looking at doing similarly subversive material.

Jaunty little singalong.

That Windsor Castle programme on itv then was excruciating. They had Alan Titchmarsh doing his best Alan Partridge, loads of horses and silly dancing, then for some strange reason Tom Cruise popped up, I think it was a nod to Anglo/American relations. They missed a trick not getting John Travolta to do his Saturday Night Fever routine to the the music from her majesty's police force. 

Headline in The Hail 'Queen walks to her seat at Platinum Jubilee celebration...'

You'd feel something had gone astray if you considered that the defender of the faith and empire, ruler of all they survey, nominal head of government and gods chosen by the divine right is praised for her ability to amble a few fucking feet and eat swan neck pate, as her gross output, was a reasonable return if this anacronistic fucking farce was worthy of logical debate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2