You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Part of a general trend of disrespect and denigration of people who actually got off their arses and got an education. No wonder we live in an idiocracy.

Steady on. 

I don't know much about her background, but I'm reasonably sure it's not a tale of striving against her deprived background to lift herself up by her bootstraps.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Steady on. 

I don't know much about her background, but I'm reasonably sure it's not a tale of striving against her deprived background to lift herself up by her bootstraps.

Didn't someone do Harry's A Levels for him? Amazing. 

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

All the cool kids got a third, especially those that spent eight hours on their dissertation and didn't go in for an entire year. 

Well, you just described me.

In fairness 17 was too young to go to university. An extra year makes a big difference at that age.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm not saying any of this makes her some kind of genius, but "thick as fuck" is surely over the top.

Part of a general trend of disrespect and denigration of people who actually got off their arses and got an education. No wonder we live in an idiocracy.

As someone who has returned to Uni as a mature student I wouldn't place any stock whatsoever in anyone having a degree acquired in recent years. 

It's piss easy to get a 2:1 with a tiny bit of effort. I'm having to actually lower the quality of my work because I get told I've gone to in depth on my work when I feel like I am barely doing anything.

They are monetised and ranked on how many degrees they churn out, nothing but diplomas mills.

One of the few lecturers who will actually acknowledge that the degree is a pile of shite when I was complaining that it didn't feel like I was doing anything, was suggesting I go to Oxford for a Masters. This is a guy who used to actually design rockets for a living and he reckons I am Oxford material. However, I can assure you that I mostly feel thick as fuck all day every day when I am working through my stuff. 

As I keep saying with this shit, I wouldn't mind if the people spouting this shite were actually patriotic. I reckon Theresa May was, in her own head. She curtsied to the Queen but you could tell she meant it, her England was one of royals, the proms etc - I think this is why she clearly despised Corbyn, as he was essentially the exact opposite, had no time for the royals, the establishment and the rest. I think Major and Thatcher were the same as May. 

Cameron though, Osborne and these clowns - different breed. They care nothing for Britain and its institutions, they'd sell every last scrap of it to anyone, at any time. More fool anyone who falls for this shit. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 24/06/2021 at 16:20, Section_31 said:

As I keep saying with this shit, I wouldn't mind if the people spouting this shite were actually patriotic. I reckon Theresa May was, in her own head. She curtsied to the Queen but you could tell she meant it, her England was one of royals, the proms etc - I think this is why she clearly despised Corbyn, as he was essentially the exact opposite, had no time for the royals, the establishment and the rest. I think Major and Thatcher were the same as May. 

Cameron though, Osborne and these clowns - different breed. They care nothing for Britain and its institutions, they'd sell every last scrap of it to anyone, at any time. More fool anyone who falls for this shit. 

Strangely enough May didn't actually seem to dislike Corbyn personally and once said something along the lines of her disagreeing with practically every one of his views but that he had always been a perfect gentlemen in any of their previous dealings. I can't decide whether this is a plus or minus for Jezza.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How much of this shit would AlizardBirth the second even know about, just some money fuckers managing her estate doing it all while she eats fine foods and whips the help.

Not a lot but apparently her, Charles and dear old Phil the Greek are/were as tight as a ducks arse and her money men are only too willing to please.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Liz received her £100,000 rich persons bung I noticed... just for being rich and owning land..

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/28/revealed-queen-vetted-67-laws-before-scottish-parliament-pass-them

More evidence that the Monarchy isn't just a quaint and harmless bit of fun for tourists.  Democracy in this country  shitty enough as it is; stopping these inbred cunts from interfering would be a step in the right direction. 

Whenever you talk about abolishing the Monarchy, the first response is "what would you replace them with?"  How about "nothing"?  How about having a system where nobody is allowed to secretly hamper or divert the actions of democratically elected representatives?

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Someone was mentioning good journalists the other day, they're few and far between in this country but Cricks normally very good...

As for our Liz and Scotlands Nicola, also where's Scottish Labour on this?

In fairness to Brenda, it's not even a case of being subject to the laws: she can say "yes, the law and its exemptions apply to everyone".   The problem is that the Monarch gets to interfere in the making of the law. That feudal shit needs binning.

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

In fairness to Brenda, it's not even a case of being subject to the laws: she can say "yes, the law and its exemptions apply to everyone".   The problem is that the Monarch gets to interfere in the making of the law. That feudal shit needs binning.

Cheer up Angry, we've all got a nice new boat to look forward to,

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

A lawsuit has been filed against Prince Andrew in a US federal court over sexual abuse allegations by Virginia Giuffre who has previously accused Jeffrey Epstein.

Wriggle out of that one you non sweaty bastard.

I’m sure the media will think of something to divert attention away from it