You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

2 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

The Royals are getting a pay rise?

In the past five or so years the Sovereign Grant has been increased by around 50% to £80M+ per year.

This is what the Queen gets as a basic payment from the state for nothing more than an accident of birth.

This doesn’t factor in the other parasites, maintenance, travel, security and flunkies which are on the gravy train.

She’s legitimately one of the wealthiest people on the planet through nothing more than an antiquated exploration cycle and fucking idiots not rioting in full knowledge and acceptance of this.

I fucking hate this country. Yeah 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Everyone's least favourite racist, Nigel Farage, apparently tweeted earlier that there'd be some big news breaking tonight after 10 o'clock. 

I wonder?.... 

Half price fish and chips for all British nationals following the death of Phil the Greek? 

I’m glad I’m not a newsreader having to pretend I’m arsed. 
The royal family thing baffles me, I was playing golf at the time Princess Diana’s funeral was on, an octogenarian came limping across the course shaking his walking stick and shouting that I had no respect. We’re quite an odd culture, I doubt if the roles were reversed Diana would have stopped going about her business if it had been my send off. 

"Walked into the hospital"

"In good spirits"

"Dancing with the nurses" (ok I made that one up)

The way the palace reports on the royal family is bollocks. They genuinely think the nation cares, that people will be awake all night worrying unless they lie like fuck about his condition. Effectively they treat the commoners like children, although some (Andy) take that further allegedly.

He's nearly 100 for fucks sake, the average lifespan of someone from the UK is around 80 (nature is sexist so women get a little longer) 

For someone that for most of his life has never had to do a damned thing, apart from be a rude cunt (and yes he has been a rude cunt to me personally) I couldn't give a shite about him. Maybe I'll clap at 8 o clock in celebration. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Poster said:

"Walked into the hospital"

"In good spirits"

"Dancing with the nurses" (ok I made that one up)

The way the palace reports on the royal family is bollocks. They genuinely think the nation cares, that people will be awake all night worrying unless they lie like fuck about his condition. Effectively they treat the commoners like children, although some (Andy) take that further allegedly.

He's nearly 100 for fucks sake, the average lifespan of someone from the UK is around 80 (nature is sexist so women get a little longer) 

For someone that for most of his life has never had to do a damned thing, apart from be a rude cunt (and yes he has been a rude cunt to me personally) I couldn't give a shite about him. Maybe I'll clap at 8 o clock in celebration. 

In fairness it was the same with johnson last year. Admitted to intensive care as a precautionary measure,  as if that ever happens.

55 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

To be fair wasn't that his sister's funeral or something? 

Yeah it was. I'd say the royal family of the day hedged their bets a little with both sides before the war. The pictures of the young Royals during nazi salutes on the lawn were just a bit of old fashioned banter. 

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Duke of Kent visited us once at a sailing centre we used to go to with school. We all had to line up and he walked down the line and spoke to everybody except me. I stared at him, he stared back, and moved on.

giphy-12.gif

Didn't he like the cut of your jib ?

• Upvote 1