You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

As much as it would amuse me to just hand him over we shouldn’t waste such leverage, so they can only have him if they send Anne Sacoolas the other way.

Yeah spot on. Horrible bitch 

19 minutes ago, Anubis said:

As much as it would amuse me to just hand him over we shouldn’t waste such leverage, so they can only have him if they send Anne Sacoolas the other way.

I'm not sure if that's a bit of a tongue in cheek comment but I've seen this said quite a lot and I just can't get on board with it. PA should just fucking get on with it and do the right thing, as should Sacoolas. As sad it is for the Dunn family and as much as they deserve justice, I just don't think it'd be right to use the two cases as a trade off.

The most Anne Sacoolas will get done for is causing death by dangerous driving. When all the mitigating circumstances are taken into consideration, I doubt she'll even receive a custodial sentence. If she doe's get jail, she'll serve less than a year. You only have to look at some of the punishment given out to out and out scumbags who kill people when drunk driving and driving stolen cars etc as a measure. 

The prince Andrew/Epstein case is worlds apart from the Sacoolas one. We're talking about a cover up that could involve fuck knows how many of the most privileged people in world society abusing some of the most vulnerable.

There's no doubt that PA needs to answer questions but I have a feeling this could be being used as deflection tactics given the shit that's going on in the US right now and I'm sure Trump would see it as a welcome distraction too.

While we're on the subject. How come Maxwell hasn't been hauled up yet ? Or have I missed that or just forgotten about it ?

42 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

While we're on the subject. How come Maxwell hasn't been hauled up yet ? Or have I missed that or just forgotten about it ?

I thought he would have floated back up

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

The most you can hope for is it to be made clear that he refused and the royals supported that refusal.

Yep whilst all along the right wing media are claiming Meghan Markle for the royals being as unpopular as ever. No racism there though. No sireeee. "Leave Prince Andy alone, he is a war hero, this is a witch-hunt! Oh I hear that Markle fraud is going to be in an advert? The horrible spiteful bitch" 

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

The most you can hope for is it to be made clear that he refused and the royals supported that refusal.

How very dare you. 

I'll have you know Prince William recently announced he'd been secretly helping out on a mental health support line. 

So not technically secretly then, but still. 

I bet he did it from his box room too while Kate struggled with the home schooling. They're just like us.

• Upvote 1

We're going to have to disagree, Dougie.

I'm sick of watching the US demand that people be turned over to them for trial while telling everyone else that they're not going to reciprocate and hand over US citizens for investigation and trial. Time they were told that co-operation is a two-way street.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

We're going to have to disagree, Dougie.

I'm sick of watching the US demand that people be turned over to them for trial while telling everyone else that they're not going to reciprocate and hand over US citizens for investigation and trial. Time they were told that co-operation is a two-way street.

I dont disagree with you entirely.  I just think trading PA for AS is a poor deal for us. Have they got anyone else they can sweeten the deal with ?

3 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I dont disagree with you entirely.  I just think trading PA for AS is a poor deal for us. Have they got anyone else they can sweeten the deal with ?

Trump? The people who live by his golf course in Scotland must have a spare wicker man standing around somewhere.

• Upvote 1

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/09/prince-andrew-charity-broke-law-paying-trustee-350000

A charitable trust supporting the work of Prince Andrew has been required to return more than £350,000 in payments made to a trustee after a public watchdog intervened.

The Charity Commission has revealed the Prince Andrew Charitable Trust broke the law by handing over large sums to the prince’s household to compensate for time spent on other activities by one of his employees.

The problem emerged last year following publicity over the prince’s interview on BBC Newsnight about his friendship with the disgraced financier and convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein. The highly critical report is a further blow to his position.

Examination of the charity’s accounts and records identified “issues of concern that required attention”, according to a lengthy statement by the commission released on Tuesday.

Pissed away the last week of my life watching The Crown. Two good things have come of it.

First - the gal who plays Margaret is quite nice.

Second -- After nearly a year of telling my wife "I'm on smoko so leave me alone" each time she asks what I am doing - I have now taken to telling her "Doing my best Prince Philip this afternoon".