You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

3 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

So they're self sufficient  ?

In a manner of speaking. The royal family gave control of the Crown Estate to the state, so they wouldn't be liable for the entire cost of government, in exchange for a proportion of the income from it.

I dare say if you abolished the royal family, you could keep more than 75% of the profits, although you would still need to pay for upkeep on things like Buckingham Palace, Frogmore Cottage etc, unless you sold them off.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just turn Buckingham Palace into an old folks home, plenty of room. Loads of old rich fuckers would pay a fortune to reside there simply due to the prestige. Could do the same with all their property, smaller ones just sold off to rich fuckers to live in, once again purely down to the prestige of it all. 

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Just turn Buckingham Palace into an old folks home, plenty of room. Loads of old rich fuckers would pay a fortune to reside there simply due to the prestige. Could do the same with all their property, smaller ones just sold off to rich fuckers to live in, once again purely down to the prestige of it all. 

Liz can push round the tea trolley and the Greek could be the bingo caller. 

Piers Morgan is obsessed. You can’t look at Twitter without this cunt is banging on about them in a negative way. His fucking wife was writing against them in the Telegraph today, and now the stupid cunt is writing about them in the Mail, the most racist fucking paper on the planet. And he doesn’t see the irony.

I’m not remotely arsed about Haz and Meg, but I’d pay to see somebody slap Morgan good and hard.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Piers Morgan is obsessed. You can’t look at Twitter without this cunt is banging on about them in a negative way. His fucking wife was writing against them in the Telegraph today, and now the stupid cunt is writing about them in the Mail, the most racist fucking paper on the planet. And he doesn’t see the irony.

I’m not remotely arsed about Haz and Meg, but I’d pay to see somebody slap Morgan good and hard.

If she was Jewish it would be anti-Semitic.

Wait -- is she Jewish??

Guest Pistonbroke
14 hours ago, Anubis said:

Of course, this will have nothing whatsoever to do with MM suing the mail for publishing that letter she wrote to her father. 

20 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So they are losing the HRH, paying back £2.4m.  I wonder what people willl moan at them for now?  

Never thought the day would come when I'd be rooting for members of the Royal Family but the fact they've pissed off the media , Piers Morgan the Daily Mail racist knuckle draggers and so many right-wing arseholes is a joy to behold .

Go Harry and Meghan ...

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Never thought the day would come when I'd be rooting for members of the Royal Family but the fact they've pissed off the media , Piers Morgan the Daily Mail racist knuckle draggers and so many right-wing arseholes is a joy to behold .

Go Harry and Meghan ...

100% agreed. For my sins, I read the comments on the Daily Mail from their readers and the level of hate Meghan gets from them is unreal. It would be absolutely foolish to disregard the racial element involved, considering the totally unwarranted abuse she gets from these morons.

5 hours ago, Baltar said:

100% agreed. For my sins, I read the comments on the Daily Mail from their readers and the level of hate Meghan gets from them is unreal. It would be absolutely foolish to disregard the racial element involved, considering the totally unwarranted abuse she gets from these morons.

Aye. People who accuse Meghan Markle of destroying the royal family but don’t give two shits about HRH the Noncefriender General’s attempts at the same. 

She seems to be stuck in Piers Morgan’s spleen like, so that’ll do for me. Couldn't really give a fuck what they do now but they’ll gain much respect from my end if they sue the stalking, phonetapping, saggy-titted backwards cunt for every penny he’s got and post a mound of ex-HRH shit through his letterbox before they go.

On 18/01/2020 at 19:09, Rico1304 said:

So they are losing the HRH, paying back £2.4m.  I wonder what people willl moan at them for now?  

I can only speak for myself and say... nothing.

It's the institution of the Monarchy that is fucked up, so anyone who walks away from that is fine by me. 

• Upvote 2