You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

The lack of tolerance to people who do, believe, and care about different things is bizarrely low. It's a few people celebrating something they give a fuck about. As a staunch republican, I can accept that we have a monarchy and a few people are out supporting that. They might think that grown men, gathering together in a ground to watch overpaid prima donnas kicking a ball is sad. Different strokes. Different folks.

BTW, it's events like this that give us republicans the biggest platform to spread our message.

I do see where you, and Stronts are coming from in a 'not pissing on chips' perspective. This isn't the same as football though is it? Its the spending of tens of millions of pounds on something as stupid as a monarchy.

You're contradicting yourself, staunch republican, using this as a platform but not arsed. Surely making your voice heard and disagreement with, what I consider to be, a huge waste of money in a time when public spending is disgustingly low is that platform, right?

• Upvote 1

I do see where you, and Stronts are coming from in a 'not pissing on chips' perspective. This isn't the same as football though is it? Its the spending of tens of millions of pounds on something as stupid as a monarchy.

You're contradicting yourself, staunch republican, using this as a platform but not arsed. Surely making your voice heard and disagreement with, what I consider to be, a huge waste of money in a time when public spending is disgustingly low is that platform, right?

I think there's a big difference between talking about your objections towards a monarchy, and dismissing everybody as sad cunts, how it's disgusting that it's televised, etc. Some people like events like this, probably because internationally it is a good showcase of the history and tradition of the country. I'd personally cut it out like a diseased organ, but I can understand that others aren't of that opinion. They like the monarchy, they - unlike so many on here - like the country and its historical significance. Even those who want to just have a celebration, it's fine. I can more than happily call for a change in structure without considering some people getting dressed up and having a celebration as scum, sad cunts, etc.

There are plenty on here who think the UK is a shit country, instead of what it objectively is, and some people are proud of their heritage, history, etc. I don't see a problem with them celebrating a wedding. The royal family comes with costs like this, which I don't like. I think the money they generate over the longer term probably pays for it. It has been a while since I've done the sums.

• Upvote 2

I think there's a big difference between talking about your objections towards a monarchy, and dismissing everybody as sad cunts, how it's disgusting that it's televised, etc. Some people like events like this, probably because internationally it is a good showcase of the history and tradition of the country. I'd personally cut it out like a diseased organ, but I can understand that others aren't of that opinion. They like the monarchy, they - unlike so many on here - like the country and its historical significance. Even those who want to just have a celebration, it's fine. I can more than happily call for a change in structure without considering some people getting dressed up and having a celebration as scum, sad cunts, etc.

There are plenty on here who think the UK is a shit country, instead of what it objectively is, and some people are proud of their heritage, history, etc. I don't see a problem with them celebrating a wedding. The royal family comes with costs like this, which I don't like. I think the money they generate over the longer term probably pays for it. It has been a while since I've done the sums.

A sensible post which people are more likely to listen to than ignorant words

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I think that's a completely fair and reasonable post, which I mostly agree with.

I still think people are lapping this up naïvely and stand by my sycophantic claim. The cunts.

ROYAL WEDDING CANCELLED AFTER MEGHAN MARKLE DEPORTED BY ACCIDENT

DB30FE2B-EFDE-49C0-8947-A369EDE57642-128

ROYAL WEDDING CANCELLED AFTER MEGHAN MARKLE DEPORTED BY ACCIDENT

DB30FE2B-EFDE-49C0-8947-A369EDE57642-128

A spokesperson for Kensington Palace has confirmed that Saturday’s Royal Wedding between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle has been cancelled after Ms Markle was deported by accident. 

According to a statement, the Home Office have misplaced her landing card that she filled in shortly before her last arrival in the country

It is believed that her landing card has been left attached to a fridge and covered up by one of Amber Rudd’s old shopping lists.

The statement added, ‘Ms Markle has launched an appeal with the Home Office, but unfortunately they have a backlog of 500 Windrush legacy fuck-ups to deal with first.’

’We have been told that she is welcome to apply through the regular channel of floating into Dover on the back of an IKEA door.’

So no PM at the wedding.  Wonder what bad news will be sneaked out today?  Probably Brexit related, and potentially something likely to irk the DUP, who will be too busy fawning over the wedding to notice until it's too late.

Thank god no major sporting event is being interrupted or affected by this tosh, I wouldn't have been happy if there were a round of Premiership matches on today. Frankly even a grand prix being moved on the TV schedule would have nearly got me off my couch in anger.