You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alan Partridge

Total Longo

5 hours ago, Mook said:

The corporal punishment scene was classic Partridge, I was pishing myself at that.

I've also developed a fixation on the co-presenter, I can barely concentrate on what they're saying when she's on-screen.

She's a stunner.

I'd also like to tickle her pink...

• Upvote 1

On 01/03/2019 at 20:56, Rushies tash said:

The character hit his high point with "I'm Alan Partridge" at the Linton Travel Tavern, and apart from a few sporadic laughs, went downhill from there.

I actually think Knowing Me Knowing You was his high point. The second series of IAP descended into catchphrases and barely-believable farce. 

• Downvote 3

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The stuff with the reporter who keeps disagreeing with him is very well done.

It really is. 

The whole thing is really well done. 

I don't really understand this Coogan backlash which seems to be happening (admittedly mostly through Twitter which i've now thrown in the bin).

And another one here for Jennie Greshman, she is hotter than the sun. 

Didn’t see last week’s, but caught yesterday’s episode and the racist centurion phone-in bit in particular was vintage.

Still think it’s quite forced overall and law of diminishing returns has applied massively, but he could do this for another 30 years and still come up with at least one thing each week which would make you properly crease up. Guess it doesn’t need to be over-thought in that respect.

Good to see Stig at the end there as well. Tim Key’s expression during that was impeccable.

The scene when Alan's trying to talk to the presenter over the live stream with the 5 second delay was superb cringe humour. 

I think there are times when it comes off a bit forced. There's numerous bits where Alan begins to ramble nonsense to himself but it doesn't work as well in the context of his surroundings. It was far funnier in the original series such as him ranting to Lynn about seat belts while he's sat in the car park depressed  

Niggles like that aside though, it hits far more often than it misses

I thought it was brilliant from start to finish last night. The Monty Don expose. The CPR on a sex doll. The delayed audio. The start with the "get out of the fucking way." His sparkling water flatulence. And, the coup de grace at the end. The tortoise. The Irish look-alike. The "Ha-ha" bit. The "double O bollocks" line. The ballad blending into Irish nationalist songs. The under the breath “This is like an advert for the IRA” line. 

Up there with some of the best Partridge, for me. And I've struggled to take to the new show a bit. But, that was brilliant, last night. 

One side point. I'm not sure if it's been touched on already on here. But, the bloke from the North East with the beard, been on it twice, last week he was going on about his wife, who wasn't his daughter's mother and he knicked someone's ciggies. Michael's brother??? 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very disappointed with the series. The narrative lacks that degree of realism that you need as a backdrop to the comedy - Partridge would have taken far longer before lapsing into his well-known faults, and if you're going to parody a One Show format you need at least a bit of believability, and that horribly laboured business in the first episode with the touch screen and the lost files would never have lasted so long, or even run at all. The timing is also way off - that toilet routine in the same episode was just shoehorned in and again shattered any plausibility. In general it just seems to me a collection of geeky riffs on Partridge by fans rather than good sitcom writers. 

• Downvote 1