You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Forget Damien Duff...

Aidan

I wasnt too bothered when he was sold in respect of what we had in his place should have been better. That hasnt proved to be the case although I think its too easy to say with hindsight selling him was a mistake. Graeme Souness has also tipped him for an England call and I expect the goading from him to start soon.

Guest paul fagan

david thompson is a good player he aint a great player any idea of buying him back would be crazy , we need great players at liverpool , i dont think the comparison between him and ray houghton is fair ,to my mind ray houghton was a great player.

Guest paul fagan

i made my point on the thompson issue the other day it was my first message on this website , i would just like to say without sounding to much of a creep the quality of debate on this forum is the best around, not that i agree with it all ,but all the points made are well put

Guest Steve Kelly

Sorry about that - I was just feeling a bit left out!

Seriously, lads, quality debate that. Nice to see you all "lose it" once in a while!

"Jari "never made it at a big club". Some people would argue that helping Ajax to a fourth european cup win in 1995 is "making it". And Ajax are hardly Everton are they?"

- I thought that was why I said or big league.

I thought the main reason that Wright agreed to sign with Sunderland was that GH told him he was behind Babbel, Carragher AND Xavier in the peaking order for rb. Hence the reason for comparing Xavier and Wright. Babbel is the obvios first choice and then Carragher.

Guest John Bull

1759: David Thompson puts Blackburn ahead with a stunning strike. The midfielder controls the ball with his knee before firing the ball in off the post from over 30 yards out.

CSKA Sofia 0-1 Blackburn