You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RedinSweden

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the most addictive programme ever to be on telly IMO. Lost countless sleep hours on a work night over my 24 boxset. just one more... fuck it just one more.... fuck it day off work.... fuck it 2 days.... fuck it ill sign on tomorrow they wont mind.... fuck it ill break in someones house and watch it..... have they got a telly in the nick officer?

• 3 months later...

I think season 7 may be the most ridiculous. The two leaders of a country the United States is about to invade are just strolling about in Washington, without U.S intelligence having noticed. In, fact one of 'em is even renting a flat and has a girlfriend. Then, there's a couple of major corporations bringing in weapons of mass destruction right into the middle of the country and nobody seeing anything fishy going on.

I love 24.

Most US start off well, get a bit stupid and then I sack them off (Lost, Heroes etc, I know they were stupid to begin with and keep going but anyway.....).

24 is the opposite. I actually get into 24 more the stupider it gets. It's fucking ace. Sutherland is ace as Bauer.

I love 24.

Most US start off well, get a bit stupid and then I sack them off (Lost, Heroes etc - I know they were stupid to begin with and keep going but anyway.....).

24 is the opposite. I actually get more into 24 more the stupider it gets. It's fucking ace. Sutherland is ace as Bauer.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

http://tvline.com/2014/01/13/24-live-another-day-spoilers/

As 24: Live Another Day, Fox’s 12-episode continuation of its hit franchise, gets under way on May 5, “Chloe (played by Mary Lynn Rajskub) and Jack are pitted against each other due to a set of circumstances,” Kiefer Sutherland revealed Monday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour.

Chloe, in fact, has left CTU and “turned herself against the government” in the years since Season 8 closed, and now is a more “radical” type of Edward Snowden character, producers shared.

A quick refresher: When last we saw Jack, he was a fugitive on the run, and had bid Chloe a possibly final goodbye. As Live Another Day opens, largely set in London, “He is still a fugitive who he has been hunted — and he is still hunted,” by CIA agent Kate Morgan (played by Chuck‘s Yvonne Strahovski), executive producer Manny Coto previewed. “Jack is not quite Osama Bin Laden, but he is someone to be captured. And when Jack reenters the story on his own terms, we will learn he has a mission. But this CIA agent is determined to catch him, and as she gets closer and closer to him, Chloe O’Brien reenters the picture.”

As Jack pursues his own agenda and harbors a secret, “That dynamic will launch the series into a large tableau set in London and [trigger] some crazy events,” Coto said. Production begins later this winter.

And now, some burning questions answered about this exciting new Day:

WILL EVENTS STILL OCCUR ‘IN REAL TIME’? | Even though LAD spins a 24-hour story in 12 episodes, each hour will unfold in real time, then work in “Two Hours Later”-type time jumps between episodes.

WHY THE HOP ACROSS THE POND? | With Jack on the run all this time, “Anywhere but here [in the United States] was where we needed to set it,” EP Howard Gordon explained.

WHO’S THE BOSS? | James Heller (played by William Devane) is now the leader of the free world — and his daughter Audrey (Kim Raver) has a role in his administration. EP Evan Katz reminds, “When we last left Audrey, she was in a very bad place with Jack, so [in the years that have passed] she has come out of the ‘wilderness.’ But the interesting thing will be, when Jack reenters the picture, how will she react to that?”

WHO’S THE SUPERVILLAIN? | Acknowledging that 24 typically serves up “several big bads,” Katz singled out Judy Davis (Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows) and her turn as “a woman who married a terrorist who was killed, and she is now caring her husband’s for ideological as well as personal reasons.”

WHAT ABOUT KIM? TONY? | “There might be” a place for Jack’s daughter (played by Elisha Cuthbert) in this brand new day, Coto hedged, but “it would be later in the season, and it would mean giving away a plot point.” Producers were even less committal about an encore for Carlos Bernard’s Tony Almeida.

IS ‘SARAH WALKER’ STILL A BADASS? | Katz described the dynamic between Strahovski’s CIA agent and Jack as “hunter and hunted, initially. Obviously that dynamic changes when she realizes he’s not the man everyone is accusing him of being.” And make no mistake, she’s got skills. “She’s smart and relentless, and not just a woman with a gun.”

UM, WHAT IF I DON’T KNOW JACK? | “You can actually pick this series up without having seen Season 8, or any of the show at all,” Gordon said. But there will be primers on hand. As Sutherland noted, “The benefit of coming back four years later is that those four years need to be explained, so the exposition will not come off as exposition but a justified moment of characters catching up.”

WILL THE 24 MOVIE LIVE ANOTHER DAY? | Lest anyone think this 12-episode adventure has stolen the oft-discussed feature’s plotline, “The script for the film is very, very different,” Sutherland stated. “[Live Another Day] was the opportunity that presented itself to us first, and it’s a fantastic idea. And if this ends up rebooting the show or causing the film to be made, so be it.”

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...
2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I'm bored as fuck and going to put a season of this on as I'm up to date with everything and can't be fucked starting a new show.

Gone for season 4.

Haha Kiefer Sutherland has been trending on twitter this evening. More because Dominic Cummings is the tory 'designated survivor' incase bumbling twatcunt dies. 

I got bored of 24 pretty quickly. Every series followed the same shit. 

Pissed off Kiefer

Dumb daughter does something stupid gets kidnapped

There's a mile in CTU

Kiefer gets more pissed off and saves the day

11 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I'm bored as fuck and going to put a season of this on as I'm up to date with everything and can't be fucked starting a new show. Haven't rewatched this in years.

Gone for season 4.

4 was the best season.

It was a weird show in that way - 2 was better than 1, then 3 was better than 2, etc. They were a bit repetitive but as they figured out the casting (and figured out that the daughter was annoying and took her out of the show) it got good.

Then season 5 came along and it totally collapsed. I think it struggled on for a season or two afterwards but it was never the same. The torture scenes went totally over the top, the dialogue was hilariously bad, etc. I recall in the last season Jack used the line "the only reason you're still conscious is that I don't feel like carrying you" and it became a line we'd repeat in our group of mates as a joke. Just terrible.