You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our Players In Trouble On The Algarve?

1892-LFCWasBorn

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafael Benitez has warned his Liverpool players that the club will take disciplinary action if any of them are found to have breached club rules during the training trip to Portugal.

Liverpool went to Portugal to prepare for Wednesday's Champions League clash with Barcelona and woke on Sunday morning to newspaper reports alleging a fracas between Craig Bellamy and John Arne Riise.

Liverpool are understood to feel that the reports have been blown out of proportion but Benitez nevertheless felt it necessary to remind his players about their behaviour.

"I met this morning with the entire first team squad and made it absolutely clear to all of them the responsibilities that come with playing for this club and the way they are expected to conduct themselves both on and off the pitch," the Spaniard said.

"The players worked extremely hard at last week's training camp, but we will take disciplinary action and fine any of them who are found to have breached club rules during our stay in Portugal.

"I've told the players this and they understand and accept the decision I have taken.

"Despite reports to the contrary, the spirit amongst the lads is very good with everyone looking forward to the game against Barcelona on Wednesday.

"We remain totally focussed on what will be a very tough game against the defending European Champions."

Norway manager Age Hareide spoke with Riise today and told Norwegian journalists: "John Arne is fine. He escaped without injuries."

Earlier Riise's agent Jan Kvalheim revealed he had also spoken to the player but intended to leave any comment on the allegations to Liverpool.

The official statement from Raffa.

"I met this morning with the entire first team squad and made it absolutely clear to all of them the responsibilities that come with playing for this club and the way they are expected to conduct themselves both on and off the pitch.

"The players worked extremely hard at last week's training camp, but we will take disciplinary action and fine any of them who are found to have breached club rules during our stay in Portugal. I've told the players this and they understand and accept the decision I have taken.

"Despite reports to the contrary, the spirit amongst the lads is very good with everyone looking forward to the game against Barcelona on Wednesday.

"We remain totally focussed on what will be a very tough game against the defending European Champions."

Taken from the offal.

Great, just what we fucking needed right before we play Barca. If we lose badly the idiots involved in this incident should be thrown out of the club, since I'll be blaming them if we are beaten.

May be a blessing in disguise. Pull together and come out fighting - no pun intended.

If we lose badly the idiots involved in this incident should be thrown out of the club, since I'll be blaming them if we are beaten.

you get an A for considering all the facts. we are about to play one of the best teams in the world, who happen to be defending european champions and sit at the top of their own formidable domestic league.

so if we get beat you will use this as the reason will you? dickhead

The official statement from Raffa.

"I met this morning with the entire first team squad and made it absolutely clear to all of them the responsibilities that come with playing for this club and the way they are expected to conduct themselves both on and off the pitch.

"The players worked extremely hard at last week's training camp, but we will take disciplinary action and fine any of them who are found to have breached club rules during our stay in Portugal. I've told the players this and they understand and accept the decision I have taken.

Taken from the offal.

Oh dear. Expect this shit storm to increase over the next few days.

What pisses me off is that some "insiders" at the club have gone and sold the story to the News of the World. The club want it kept under wraps, rightly or wrongly, but some Noel White wannabe(s) go bleating to the S*n's bedmate.

Either that or the rag is making the quotes up.

It pisses me off too, but who knows who spilled the beans. No doubt players will have told their mates/agents/family whoever. Any one of them could have fed the stuff to the NOTW to make a few quid, and I doubt there's any way of finding out.

The Riise/Bellamy-thing looks more and more true now, and if the circumstances are true aswell, that Bellamy actually went in to Riise's room and started hitting him with a golf club, then he can fuck off right away. He has to be a mental case to do something like that. I can understand that some people want to hit Riise in the face at times, but to do so without it being an impulse thing is just, literally, crazy.

He once threw a chair at John Carver.

I didn't know, but I hope it was a spur of the moment thing? I mean, when tempers fly a lot of crazy shit happens. But to go get a golf club, and then go and attack your team mate in his room is just fucking mentalism!

I am sure the club would have denied this as an outrageous lie if it wasn't true?

I didn't know, but I hope it was a spur of the moment thing? I mean, when tempers fly a lot of crazy shit happens. But to go get a golf club, and then go and attack your team mate in his room is just fucking mentalism!

I am sure the club would have denied this as an outrageous lie if it wasn't true?

It was at an airport. He's definitely capable of violent outbursts.

i think the one thing the takeover has done is take us to another level off the pitch as far as comercial side is concerned , i am sure the players will be made aware of this not that they should have to be told, if our american freinds are commited to selling the brand as they call it in the far east and further afield i dont think they will be best pleased with headlines like this, we dont know is any of this is true no doubt it has been blown out of proportion but once again it is the demon drink being blamed and the usual suspects , players have just got to use their noddle a bit when it comes to the booze, i must admit i do worry over Pennant it seems to me that after games he cant wait to get down to london and hit the clubs with his old mates