You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Flat Earth society

Liquid football

18 minutes ago, Remmie said:

The other thing I can't get my head round is what they think there is to gain by perpetuating a spherical planet conspiracy to such incredibly complex and expensive level

Originally I think it was a joke. These days it's either still just trolling, or of a more sinister bent, to cast doubt on anything that comes from science or its evidence based process. Seeing the utterly corrupt governments we have here and the states, and the ridiculous shite from religious evangelical groups, the latter is by far the most likely.

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

This is the point I was going to make. We can see the other planets in our solar system. They are round. Every one of them.

Why the fuck would the one we're standing on be any different?

Merely projections onto the dome covering our disc, innit.

1 hour ago, niallers said:

I can't wait for their expedition to find the edge of the earth in 2 years time. Big gang of them off on a ship. I hope they all fall off

Those flattards are fucking weird. They say you cannot go to 'Antarctica' because the military prevents you. That's a load of bollocks, you just have to arrange with the country of your nationality to fund any rescue mission for you if you break a leg and need rescuing and you're OK to go.

But then the flattards say Antarctica doesnt exist and that there's this mythical ice wall in its place.

Interesting fact, Australia used to be known as Antarctica for a period of time.

Funny you should mention Australia, because according to some flat-earther all Australians are actors pretending to be from there which was alarming to me seeing as the person I thought was my mum is one of these actors. Fair play to her though, solid method acting for 39 years and remarkable casting to get close enough looking family members to pretend to be my family. In the country they pretended was Australia, along with the hundreds of extras I would have talked to in my 6 & 4 month stays there as a kid and subsequent 4 holidays there as an adult. 

Man do I feel stupid believing all that.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Absolute fuckin lunatics. 

There are many pictures on the Internet and in other media depicting the Earth as being round. Why do these not disprove the Flat Earth Theory?

In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence. It is too easily manipulated and altered.

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Out of interest, do flat earthers believe that the other planets in the solar system are flat too or is it just the Earth?

What solar system? Nobody has been beyond The Great Ice Wall and returned. Who knows what lurks beyond…

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Some funny footage doing the rounds a few years back of some bloke having a go at Buzz Aldrin saying he never really walked on the moon and Aldrin smacked him.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1