Quantcast
The Flat Earth society - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Liquid football

The Flat Earth society

"The flat earth society has thousands of members around the globe!"

This was an actual post on its own Facebook page! Outstanding

You say that, but where's the evidence?

Seems I now work with someone who believes in this notion.

People will believe all sorts of shit. The fact that some people believe this shit should tell us how some come to believe stuff that's nonsense but not quite as outlandish as this. A little nuts mixed with a little broken logic is a dangerous thing.

Seems I now work with someone who believes in this notion.

As long as you don't work around weapons, nuclear material, or dangerous biological material, I am comfortable with this news.

"The flat earth society has thousands of members around the globe!"

This was an actual post on its own Facebook page! Outstanding

It used to be tens of thousands, but the majority fell off the edge when they got too close......

Just a thought, like, but Flat Earth bullshit is completely at odds with our understanding of gravity; and if you don’t understand gravity, you're best advised to avoid fucking about in rockets.

[Edit]

I've just spotted that I made this point three years ago. If the daft bastard had read this thread, he might still be alive.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

The Earth is a spinning ball. A terrible deceit perpetrated by diverse conspiracy of bedfellows consisting of a cloned Hitler, Jews (presumably they’re all friends now), Jesuits and Demon Possessed Individuals.

• Upvote 1

I love the bloke who says there's no empirical evidence for the globe, but then says that the flat earth is bounded by a 200 ft wall of ice around its circumference  (which nobody has ever seen).

43 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Just a thought, like, but Flat Earth bullshit is completely at odds with our understanding of gravity; and if you don’t understand gravity, you're best advised to avoid fucking about in rockets.

[Edit]

I've just spotted that I made this point three years ago. If the daft bastard had read this thread, he might still be alive.

Flattards dont believe in gravity so telling them if you dont understand it would get you nowhere.

Example, flattards say 'down' is the opposite of up and if you are standing near the top of a globe, down is towards your feet. However, they say if the Earth was a globe and you were stood on the equator, down is no longer the opposite of up and down isnt towards your feet. Instead, down now become a motion at a 90 degree angle from your side. Likewise, if you were stood at the south pole, down wouldnt be towards your feet but from your feet to your head!

They dont accept that gravity pulls everything 'down' towards the centre of the Earth.

The reality is, it doesnt matter where on Earth you stand, down is always towards the centre of the planet and doesnt change as you move from the top of the globe, past the equator to the south pole.