You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Good Deeds

Da Bitch

They say no good deed goes unpunished!!- to bloody right!! on monday I had given blood like I've done many times before except this time while waiting for a bus home I felt a bit lightheaded, next thing I know I come round ( drooling) on the floor after fainting- spent the next 7 hours being scanned & prodded in hospital, result one massive headache, a lovely graze on the forehead, thankfully no other damage.

• 12 years later...

Just saved a frog stuck in a bucket. Took it down the garden in a tray of water, and hid it in some undergrowth where it'll be safe from magpies.

It's not my place to say it, but I'm pretty sure I've cemented my legacy as a cross between Dr Doolittle and Oskar Schindler. Had to step round a dog turd too. Selfless.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That'll be the wallet. You’ve sent it to the wrong address, you daft twat. 

Oh FFS I'm turning into FG. I've just put it on the side in the kitchen to remind me to send first thing. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Not me but our dog. We were out for our usual morning walk earlier when we chanced upon this Jay bird who had a young chick in its beak struggling to escape with the chicks parents flying around the Jay flapping like hell. Our dog, Jessie started barking and lurched towards the Jay bird which shit itself, dropped the chick and flew off. I then watched with satisfaction as the parents hopped around the chick which was alive and after a few minutes all three flew to a nearby tree. Take a bow Jessie you absolute legend. 

57 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Not me but our dog. We were out for our usual morning walk earlier when we chanced upon this Jay bird who had a young chick in its beak struggling to escape with the chicks parents flying around the Jay flapping like hell. Our dog, Jessie started barking and lurched towards the Jay bird which shit itself, dropped the chick and flew off. I then watched with satisfaction as the parents hopped around the chick which was alive and after a few minutes all three flew to a nearby tree. Take a bow Jessie you absolute legend. 

I’ve just walked past a Jay Bird that has died of starvation. 

• Upvote 5

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I’ve just walked past a Jay Bird that has died of starvation. 

Hahaha. It should have gone for the vegetarian option. 

gave our old car to a charity yesterday, it will be auctioned off and the proceeds go to Kids Under Cover https://www.kuc.org.au, then we get a receipt for whatever it sells for to offset against our tax.

it's a great setup and saves us the arse ache of trying to sell the car, i spent last weekend cleaning the thing, tidier than it's been in a couple of years

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

gave our old car to a charity yesterday, it will be auctioned off and the proceeds go to Kids Under Cover https://www.kuc.org.au, then we get a receipt for whatever it sells for to offset against our tax.

it's a great setup and saves us the arse ache of trying to sell the car, i spent last weekend cleaning the thing, tidier than it's been in a couple of years

What a great idea. Should do similar over here, the amount of half decent cars that go straight to scrap is ridiculous when you have families that can't afford to buy one.

8 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

What a great idea. Should do similar over here, the amount of half decent cars that go straight to scrap is ridiculous when you have families that can't afford to buy one.

Aye, it’s pretty sound. We had the car about 7 years, and had depreciated it a fair amount through tax writes offs via using it for work, so it was good to be able to do something positive with it.

hopefully someone gets a decent run around and a good few quid to the charity. 

On 20/06/2019 at 11:26, arthur friedenreich said:

When they are building studios,what exactly do they mean? Flats? Meeting places? Temporary accomodation?

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

When they are building studios,what exactly do they mean? Flats? Meeting places? Temporary accomodation?

This explains it better than I can:

From what I’ve seen some times they will site them at the family home, on others it will be at an aunt or uncles place to direct into their plumbing etc.

Was in Runcorn yesterday when a medium sized wagon was having a mare following the diversions so he asked me for directions to the new Mersey crossing poor bastard looked stressed to fuck , as I was headed that way I told him to follow me I even told him how to pay for it .

4 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Was in Runcorn yesterday when a medium sized wagon was having a mare following the diversions so he asked me for directions to the new Mersey crossing poor bastard looked stressed to fuck , as I was headed that way I told him to follow me I even told him how to pay for it .

But you didn't pay the toll for him? You heartless bastard.

On 17/06/2019 at 14:21, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Just saved a frog stuck in a bucket. Took it down the garden in a tray of water, and hid it in some undergrowth where it'll be safe from magpies.

It's not my place to say it, but I'm pretty sure I've cemented my legacy as a cross between Dr Doolittle and Oskar Schindler. Had to step round a dog turd too. Selfless.

Just rescued a bee from drowning in the same bucket.

Babbs: 2 - red in tooth and claw: 0

Should really empty that bucket, mind.