You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loving Seinfeld

Remmie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Whenever I see the news, and they're hauling in some criminal terrorist psycho maniac mass murderer guy, you notice he's always covering up his face with the newspaper, with the jacket, with the hat?

What is he worried about?

I mean, what is this man's reputation that he has to worry about this kind of exposure damaging his good name?

I mean, what is he, up for a big job promotion down at the office or something? Afraid the boss will catch this on TV and go, "Isn't that Johnson from Sales? He's up in that clock tower picking people off one by one. I don't know if that's the kind of man we want heading up that new branch office.

• 4 weeks later...

"You ask me here to have lunch, tell me you slept with Elaine, and then say you're not in the mood for details? Now you listen to me: I want details and I want them right now. I don't have a job, I have no place to go - you're not in the mood? Well, you get in the mood!"

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ah Seinfeld, like Bill Hicks comedy to fall asleep to.

I could never understand the reverence for either.

Not to piss on anyones chips like but these two almost seem to be held in some quasi religious significance.

On 24/02/2024 at 00:13, Dicko said:

Ah Seinfeld, like Bill Hicks comedy to fall asleep to.

I could never understand the reverence for either.

Not to piss on anyones chips like but these two almost seem to be held in some quasi religious significance.

Not sure I agree about Seinfeld, as in I have barely met anyone who has seen it over here to hold it in high esteem in the first place. 

If you don't like it, we'll you're wrong but there are massive comedy series I never really warmed to either so each to their own. 

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Not sure I agree about Seinfeld, as in I have barely met anyone who has seen it over here to hold it in high esteem in the first place. 

If you don't like it, we'll you're wrong but there are massive comedy series I never really warmed to either so each to their own. 

Haha comedy is defo subjective, I loved George Carlin & Lenny Bruce but could never get into Bill Hicks who was so obviously influenced by them.

With Seinfeld I don't think I've ever been able to get my head round absurdist/surrealist comedy in general. Harry Hill over here and some of the more out there Fast Show stuff.

Yet I loved Monty Python so go figure

14 hours ago, Remmie said:

Mine is Fawlty Towers. I always felt Cleese was easily the least amusing from the Python team and he basically relied on "funny" walks and shouting. Fawlty Towers just seemed like an extension of that, but with added awkwardness.