You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loving Seinfeld

Remmie

George: Oh, what's the point? When I like them, they don't like me, when they like me, I don't like them. Why can't I act with the ones I like the same way I do with the ones I don't like?

Jerry: Well, you've only got another fifty years or so to go before it'll all be over...

George: Maybe I need someone who doesn't speak English.

Jerry: Yeah, how about a mute?

George: A mute would be good.

Jerry: Ah, where you gonna meet a mute?

George: This is what my life has come to... Trying to meet a mute.

• 3 months later...
Guest davelfc

That scene with Kramer and the one where you get to see a day in his life in Jerry's flat, they are two of the best Kramer scenes for me. Although I love every second of this show. 

I've been slowly doing the rewatch and it still stands up. Kramer is my second favourite racist in the world.

From the Modern Seinfeld twitter:

Newman reads the Game Of Thrones books just to spoil the new season for Jerry. Kramer sells the milk from his finished bowls of cereal.

Jerry gets paranoid about his girlfriend’s past when her iPhone automatically connects to the wi-fi at Newman’s apartment.

George is too scared to break up with his intimidating girlfriend so he just repeatedly responds to her texts with “New phone. Who’s this?"

• Upvote 1

Guest davelfc

I've been slowly doing the rewatch and it still stands up. Kramer is my second favourite racist in the world.

Newman reads the Game Of Thrones books just to spoil the new season for Jerry. Kramer sells the milk from his finished bowls of cereal.

Jerry gets paranoid about his girlfriend’s past when her iPhone automatically connects to the wi-fi at Newman’s apartment.

George is too scared to break up with his intimidating girlfriend so he just repeatedly responds to her texts with “New phone. Who’s this?"

I'm going to have to mark that for later reading, great site.

Kramer is addicted to Candy Crush, but suspects one of the levels is impossible to beat. "They're modern day carnies, Jerry! It's a con!"

• Upvote 1

Modern Seinfeld is quite brilliant. The second one about Newman had me rolling in tears the first time I read it. 

• 2 months later...

I had only ever watched intermittently. Always liked, but never made the effort to watch it more. Now however am watching it through Sky on-demand, and no matter how much you may hate Sky, Sky plus and the on demand are superb. Up to series 4 and am loving it. Cosmo has to be my favourite, though George is class, as are his parents who are my fave recurring characters

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I didn't mind the finale, to be honest; it was impossible for anything to do justice to the show and its history.

Brilliant show, only watched it through a few months ago for the first time. You can see how influential Seinfeld was on so many shows that followed it, arguably the most influential show in tv - or, I suppose, sitcom - history.