You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loving Seinfeld

Remmie

• 3 years later...

I think the Serenity now is probably my favourite episode but it's hard to say.

Serenity now is great, Frank and George together selling computers is gold, Kramer with his screen door was hilarious, Jerry tries to show his emotional side but goes to far and Elaine's boss's son kisses her at the bar mitzvah. All 4 had funny stuff going on it's one of the best.

• 2 months later...
I've never seen a full episode of Seinfeld. I occasionally see a couple of minutes of it here and there when I'm bored and flicking through the channels, as it's on Paramount Comedy all the time. I have to say that it's never raised a single chuckle from me. I fully acknowledge I haven't given it a real try, but the bits I've seen can't touch Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Curb is very good but it is not even nearly as good as Seinfeld which is just magnificent. Larry David's character in Seinfeld is pretty awesome too...

Curb is very good but it is not even nearly as good as Seinfeld which is just magnificent. Larry David's character in Seinfeld is pretty awesome too...

|He plays Steinbrenner, the calzone episode is amazing.

George costanza is my hero.

Festivus is perhaps the greatest 30 mins of television only challenged by Fawlty Towers' 'don't mention the war' epsiode.

Imagine Basil, Manuel, Kramer and George in a movie.

I'm off to write a script.

• 2 years later...
My favourite episode is when the four of them have a bet to see who can go the longest without wanking. Kramer lasts about quarter of an hour, and the scene where he admits he's out of the bet is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

I've been watching Seinfeld pretty slowly for the past 6 or so months and this was the episode I saw last night. It is top class. Laughed virtually all the way through it.

One of my favourite shows of all time , got em all on DvD. Still find myself watching them on Atlantic though.

Gotta love all the supporting characters like

Frank and Estelle

J. Peterman

Mr Pitt

Kenny Bania

Stan the Caddy

Newman

Steinbrenner

David Puddy

Jack Klompas

Tim Whatley

The Soup Nazi

Lloyd Braun

Rabbi Glickman

Jackie Chiles

Crazy Joe Davola

All take a bow, the minor characters really make the show great.

There's so many episodes that trounce any other comedy but my favourite is the "Outing" episode where Jerry and George are mistaken for lovers.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that"

Saw that one just now. Excellent. "My father's gay!"

Any thoughts on why this has never exploded in popularity over here?

J. Peterman - Classic Peterman:

"Then, in the distance, I heard the bulls. I began running as fast as I could. Fortunately, I was wearing my Italian cap toe oxfords. Sophisticated yet different; nothing to make a huge fuss about. Rich dark brown calfskin leather. Matching leather vent. Men's whole and half sizes 7 through 13. Price: $135.00".

• 2 weeks later...
Agreed. The UK produces some amazing comedy, but in straight sitcom terms Seinfeld whoops everything.

If, for the sake of argument, we exclude the Simpsons, I now fully agree with this position. I watched The Soup Nazi tonight and the shows consistency for the past 60 odd episodes has been breathtaking. My favourite episode thus far has been when Jerry's parents come to visit(The raincoats). I thought it was terrific that even his mum says "...Hello, Newman".