You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Players you've played against (and beyond).

Mr Moustache

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played against, and with, Layton Maxwell hundreds of times as we were in the same class at school.

A good mate of mine from school nutmeged Boa Morte in a Wales v Portugal u-21s game.

So your from Rhyl / Prestatyn then Stumonty...;)

I played with and against Sammy Lee when I was a kid - he was very good (albeit a few years older than me)

Played against Steve McMahon for our school. He was alright but not great - Alan Harper played in the same team (Halewood) and believe it or not was well better than McMahon at that stage.

The best I played against was a lad called Colin Russell who was on Liverpools books but ended up playing lower league. Couldn't get the ball off him.

Agree with you there he was diffrent class couldnt get anywhere near him

also played with Sammy Lee a few times (when me mam used to go to his dads shop for our meat)

in the '60's my mates cousin played for Liverpool reserves, John Webb his name was, i played against him (and on his side) when i was a kid. He was brilliant, but he did a Steve Warnock, broke his leg twice, and it fucked him up, he went to play in Sweden, i think it was Sweden any way.

As i've said before my lad played for the school of excellence so he's played for and against loads of current players.

Played with Michael Blackwood hundreds of times (former Villa Player, now playing in the lower leagues), we were in the same county team. Also played against Lee Hendrie as teenager, looked nothing special then and looks shit now.

Also saw Michael Owen playing in a tournament, unfortunately didn’t get to play against him because of injury.

played with Brian Hall and against John Aldridge and Howard Gayle. Also played with a few of the lads from the current reserve team. Played in the same team as Danny Smith who was in the under 18s a couple of seasons ago as i was in the same school as him and alongside Adam Hitchen for a sunday league team. Have also played against Adam Dickenson and James Vaughan (not the everton lad) who were both at tranmere. I've also been to many liverpool school boy trials and im pretty sure there was probably some lads there that i cant remember who are somewhere now and maybe even in the liverpool youth set up!

Im only 18 played against Jonny Evans ( Man Utd youngster) also Northern Ireland capped international who was exception in northern ireland's win against spain.Also Craig Cathcart another United Younsters. Very good players, reckon they will become good players if not for United.

After Mark Lawrenson got the push from Oxford, he played a couple of times for my current saturday team. Nice bloke apparently.

Not that apparent.

I two footed Roy keane in a training game when he was with Cobh ramblers. Got the ball and a great roar of approval from the players. I had been invited to join in as my cousin played with them and I had gone to watch them training. He was far ahead of the rest of them even then.

No reds, but I did once turn out against none other than the mighty Brett Angell! Schools football competition in Berkshire. Hard to believe given that even Evertonians often put him in their 'top 10 worse players' lists, but he was fucking ace. Had a brother too who was also very good.

Guest SuperScouse07

Not trying to be a smart ass but how do you all know that it was them that you where playing against eg how do you know their names etc

I did nutmeg O'Shea. Circa 1995. De La Salle playground. 35 aside on a half size pitch. I remember it so well cos O'Shea was wearing white runners and the school uniform was black shoes. I megged him with the outside of my right, nipped around the corner and clipped a little cross in to the near stick.

I've played alongside John Barnes, Alan Hansen, Bruce Grobbelaar, John Aldridge, Peter Beardsley, Craig Johnston, and a few others. Still got the footage from the Beeb somewhere... (Dean Saunders, Mark Wright and Peter Shilton we lining up for the opposition).

Lee Carsley used to do our footy training when i was a kid, and once when i was rush keeper I was on our line having chased and stopped a shot on the line, and megged him as he closed me down.