You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This whole GH/Jari thing....

Guest John B

The aforementioned Litmanen didn’t look to miserable tonight. Though well beaten by Ireland he look lively, some nice inventive balls from as per usual and a lovely shot which had Kiely stretching, was the only source of danger in the Finnish attack. Anyway nice to know that wasn’t a direct attack on Jari, the comments that made the news today, I just hope a twist of fate intervenes and keeps the mullet in a red shirt. I’d be distraught if he left for another English club because you know he’d come back and haunt us. Like Riedle before him he has a wealth of experience and LFC should be actively encouraging such talent to be staying within the confines of L4. The problem is he wants to do what he’s best at playing as often as possible :´-(

..according to reports on the Guardian site, but the quotes are the same as Dave referred to above. As if Ged would speak to that scum anyway, fucking lazy hacks do my head in. Thing is, certain Reds will believe it.

As far as Jari goes, he is a fantastic footballer. My own feeling is that he is more suited to the slow build-up, quick attack style on the continent rather than the constant frenetic pace of the English league.

Aidan.

It was pleasing that Dave knew the Houllier comments were made at least a fortnight ago. My first impression was that becuase of the win against Villa, GH felt in a strong enough position to slam Jari without too much comeback from the supporters - many of whom were not too happy after the Wright affair.

It shows I should not be so suspicious of our Mr Houllier!:-D

Guest Shazza

Apparently Jari is totally stumped by the so called interview he supposedly gave, he says he has not spoken to the press in England for four months and he has no idea where these reports have come from.