You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pizza thread..

Stouffer

Have to agree with Tony on the breakfast thread and say that there is something special about a properly made Margherita. Sometimes I want some more toppings but simpleness of Margherita is a reliable, enjoyable classic.

• Upvote 2

Have to agree with Tony on the breakfast thread and say that there is something special about a properly made Margherita. Sometimes I want some more toppings but simpleness of Margherita is a reliable, enjoyable classic.

There is nothing special about this type of pizza. It's the most depressive selection there is.

Had one in NY as the place I visited only seemed to have tuna ones left. I just sat there thinking my life had gone to shit.

There is nothing special about this type of pizza. It's the most depressive selection there is.

Had one in NY as the place I visited only seemed to have tuna ones left. I just sat there thinking my life had gone to shit.

I’d never bother with a cheese and tomato pizza from, say, Pizza Hut or The Asda, but proper Netapolitan Margherita pizza is amazing.

• Upvote 2

The difference between a good Italian pizza and one you get here is that afterwards you can go for a walk, get a coffee, get some ice cream.

Here good pizza is measured in how many notches you have to undo your belt.

Chicago Town is turd.

Agreed but back in the days when there weren't many options and I didn't know better I used to love them. They were better than they are now though with a much crispier flavoursome base and a cracking spicy tomato. Had to be over cooked of course. Now they are dry, with a dull sauce and too much cheese.

I'm going to experiment and make a purple pizza base by adding beetroot, mostly out of curiosity about how it will end up looking, after seeing a beetroot bread recipe online. Think I'll add a green pesto sauce and a blue vein cheese, any other quirky, colourful and veggie toppings anyone wants to suggest?

• Upvote 1

I've posted this before on another thread, but broccoli on pizza is good.

In bianco (no tomato sauce), mozzarella, loads of chopped garlic, broccoli, parmesan, sprinkle of salt and liberal drizzle of olive oil. Delicious.

Pumpkin also works well for the veggies, with red onion, feta and chilli - nice.

I made a roast pork dinner leftovers pizza this weekend - tomato sauce on this one, with mozzarella, roast pork slices, roast potatoes, brie... and a few slices of apple. Magnifico, even if I do say so myself.