You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

His twitter posts are as equally baffling, but with less characters used. 

He did a running commentary the other week on what i assume was Britains Got Talent, ironically.

Having not been an avid follower of that show, it was all very odd.

Could have been Eurovision, i suppose. That's Simon, he always has that air of mystery about him....

Guest Pistonbroke

After 20 minutes of tongue action and sucking techniques (bear with me you pervs) you finally dislodge that piece of meat from between your teeth! 

Slow news days, like today are perfect for a Simon thread. Tedious day at work where the clock seems to move at half its normal speed. The Simon pops up with a thread and you know its gonna be, a lovely lovely day, lovely day, lovely day, lov ely day.

Slow news days, like today are perfect for a Simon thread. Tedious day at work where the clock seems to move at half its normal speed. The Simon pops up with a thread and you know its gonna be, a lovely lovely day, lovely day, lovely day, lov ely day.

If i'm bored i tend to head over to the Hall of Fame forum to re-read some of those classics, it never fails to make me feel all warm inside, like an old comforting jumper or eating fire. 

• Upvote 1

If i'm bored i tend to head over to the Hall of Fame forum to re-read some of those classics, it never fails to make me feel all warm inside, like an old comforting jumper or eating fire.

Same here. Its not in the hall of fame but that Brechin thread he started on the FF was side splitting. The tags on that we're outstanding

After three weeks of 13 flights including five long haul and being zombified from never being totally sure what time zone I'm supposed to be in, I actually slept from midnight to 7am last night without waking up. And had a morning poo at the right time

Bliss

After three weeks of 13 flights including five long haul and being zombified from never being totally sure what time zone I'm supposed to be in, I actually slept from midnight to 7am last night without waking up. And had a morning poo at the right time

Bliss

A good nights sleep is a thing of joy.

Another of my life's small pleasures is slowly introducing everyone to your actual music taste which you've embarrassingly hid for your early years, I said to my mate the other day whilst we spend years blasting Tupac outaide thw college in your van I'd have been just as happy with erasure.

And no wonder really.  Vince Clark is probably one of the most under-rated musicians this country has ever produced simply because he had the misfortune to make music in a genre that history considers to be cheesy.  Depeche Mode, Yazoo and Erasure though, fuck me that's some CV; pretty much defined the whole 80s synth pop sound there.

• Upvote 3

Bliss

I was thinking that one  small pleasure is that last 30 minutes of a long-haul flight where you are slowly descending home, and are so excited/relieved to be home that you could jump off the airplane wing given the chance.

Also cool to be descending into a city you never visited either.

• Upvote 1

I was thinking that one  small pleasure is that last 30 minutes of a long-haul flight where you are slowly descending home, and are so excited/relieved to be home that you could jump off the airplane wing given the chance.

Also cool to be descending into a city you never visited either.

Yep, new cities where the airport is practically in the middle of town or you have to fly over the city are great. Mexico City has just become one of my favourites to fly into

• Upvote 1

Yep, new cities where the airport is practically in the middle of town or you have to fly over the city are great. Mexico City has just become one of my favourites to fly into

i fly into mexico city all the time - it's awesome to see.

terminal one is a dump though - worst airport i've been in....Norman Foster is designing a new one

• Upvote 1