You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

The Scotch egg pastie...

P6050153.JPG

See that doesn't do it for me at all because I'm not a huge fan of pastry; I don't dislike it but greasy pasty pastry is just superfluous there.  If I was thinking about having a scotch egg but didn't think it would be quite filling enough I'd rather just have another scotch egg.  Or maybe a small melton mowbray pork pie with a bit of piccalilli.

• Upvote 1

Another of my life's small pleasures is slowly introducing everyone to your actual music taste which you've embarrassingly hid for your early years, I said to my mate the other day whilst we spend years blasting Tupac outaide thw college in your van I'd have been just as happy with erasure.

• Upvote 1

Again, probably showing my ignorance again here but aren't Mac's way more expensive than other PC's with the same spec's? Is it a case of paying more for the name than anything else?

I remember when i got my M8 last year and it was £25 a month cheaper than the iPhone 6. This is for a top end Android phone (at the time). Nearly double the price a month (and an upfront fee) for what, exactly? For something that just works? The M8 was the easiest phone i've ever had to set up.

Macs are more expensive, no doubt.  And usually, they're quite a way off the bleeding edge of technology.  And any 'cachet' associated with owning Apple has long gone.  So people can no longer be accused of following the herd or buying into a lifestyle.  I've got a fairly up to date Android phone too, with better technical specs than my old iPhone 5S.  I much prefer the iPhone though. It's simpler and easier to maintain and use.  It does everything I need it to.  

Same with the computers.  Years ago, I used to build my own, and look down my nose at people who went to PC World and bought a technically inferior piece of shit.  Then, I got a life and realised that the computer was a tool to facilitate more interesting things, not an end in itself.  So I went and got something that did not need constant tinkering, but just worked.  And the Mac UI is still miles better than any Windows interface from a functional perspective.  The fact that it looks nicer too is an added bonus.   

• Upvote 1

Macs are more expensive, no doubt.  And usually, they're quite a way off the bleeding edge of technology.  And any 'cachet' associated with owning Apple has long gone.  So people can no longer be accused of following the herd or buying into a lifestyle.  I've got a fairly up to date Android phone too, with better technical specs than my old iPhone 5S.  I much prefer the iPhone though. It's simpler and easier to maintain and use.  It does everything I need it to.  

Same with the computers.  Years ago, I used to build my own, and look down my nose at people who went to PC World and bought a technically inferior piece of shit.  Then, I got a life and realised that the computer was a tool to facilitate more interesting things, not an end in itself.  So I went and got something that did not need constant tinkering, but just worked.  And the Mac UI is still miles better than any Windows interface from a functional perspective.  The fact that it looks nicer too is an added bonus.   

They do look boss, i agree. I think i just baulk over the OTT price. Plus, deep down, i always wanted to avoid Apple products out of a pointless act of stubbornness, until i bought an iPod touch about 4 years ago. I like the iPod, i admit, but it's become superfluous now i've got a 64gb memory card in my M8 with Poweramp making the same music sound ten times better.  

Perhaps the thread could be retitled Simple Pleasures ?

Only Simon...

anyone heere lee gardners addy from tlw

0 retweets 0 favorites

@simonlfcgreen Just pm him over at the site mate.

0 retweets 0 favorites

@CarvalhoDiablo im not on it any more i sent my mums birthday present to him by accident

• Upvote 9