You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

Going into a shop where the staff are genuinely keen to help. One satified customer.

My name's Champ and I'm an Apple convert

That's because they are programmed to help. They're evil robots that are pretending they enjoy "helping" humans but soon enough, mark my words, they will burst out of shop windows (like those plastic shop dummies in Doctor Who) and destroy anyone with an iPhone.

• Upvote 1

Just walked home from our kid's via the corner shop. Sat here listening to Fishbone, just knocked back an icy cold pint of milk, currently stuffing my face with McCoys Flame Grilled crisps and a Yorkie.

I haven't the first clue who Fishbone are but milk and crisps; beautiful.

Finding out your plumber has managed to 'bodge' the boiler for long enough so I can sort out boiler insurance. Hell then fit the new boiler for me and up his costs a bit to the insurance company to cover what he's done so far.

Cost to me? A case of thatchers when I come home in 3 months. So that's about £15 from Costco. Result.

That's because they are programmed to help. They're evil robots that are pretending they enjoy "helping" humans but soon enough, mark my words, they will burst out of shop windows (like those plastic shop dummies in Doctor Who) and destroy anyone with an iPhone.

If only they'd break out and re-programme the assistants in most of the other shops I visit

But then when they turn, they turn on everybody, not just iPhone owners.

I don't like this prospect.

You're not a fan, are you?

I know that they massively exploit their customers and all that but as well as making my feelings known when people get things wrong I like to recognise the good stuff and the customer service inthe Apple store here has been brilliant

You're not a fan, are you?

I know that they massively exploit their customers and all that but as well as making my feelings known when people get things wrong I like to recognise the good stuff and the customer service inthe Apple store here has been brilliant

I just find the whole Apple ubiquitousness irritating, they may well be great products but everything about Apple kind of puts me off.

I'm not really sure why. Someone said on here (i think) that you have to make an appointment to be seen in Apple stores, is this true? 

I just find the whole Apple ubiquitousness irritating, they may well be great products but everything about Apple kind of puts me off.

I'm not really sure why. Someone said on here (i think) that you have to make an appointment to be seen in Apple stores, is this true?

Not at all. At the one here if its just simple advice you can just walk in on the main shop floor and someone will sort you out straight away. For more complex things they do operate a booking system but that can be within the hour and they text you when your turn's coming up. They also run workshops on a range of topics. I've not been to one yet but have got myself booked on to one at the end of the month offering advice about managing the information you hold on your phone/ipad

If you see a 'genius' then you'll need an appointment, like if your phone's fucked. It's all bollocks.

If you see a 'genius' then you'll need an appointment, like if your phone's fucked. It's all bollocks.

it's actually quite efficient.  Otherwise you'll be standing there for hours like you are at Carphone Warehouse.  

I get all the apple hate, but if you want something that just works and doesn't need fucking about with, then there isn't anything better.  There's less hassle setting up an iPhone than anything else this side of a nokia 3310.  It's the same with their computers.  

Sent from my iMac. 

Again, probably showing my ignorance again here but aren't Mac's way more expensive than other PC's with the same spec's? Is it a case of paying more for the name than anything else?

I remember when i got my M8 last year and it was £25 a month cheaper than the iPhone 6. This is for a top end Android phone (at the time). Nearly double the price a month (and an upfront fee) for what, exactly? For something that just works? The M8 was the easiest phone i've ever had to set up.

it's actually quite efficient.  Otherwise you'll be standing there for hours like you are at Carphone Warehouse.  

I get all the apple hate, but if you want something that just works and doesn't need fucking about with, then there isn't anything better.  There's less hassle setting up an iPhone than anything else this side of a nokia 3310.  It's the same with their computers.  

Sent from my iMac. 

I've never queued at a Carphone Warehouse but then I've only been in one twice in three years.